Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Will it NEVER be Spring?! And the Latest Doll Sized Goodies

  My daffodils are still blooming, my Jonquils, (I think that's what they are.), are bloomed and more numerous than ever before. My lilacs are budding. However, the trees still have no leaves and not much sign of having any, and yesterday afternoon as we headed to Fuzzy's, our street looked like this:


We live on a corner, so this was our other street, where the side of our house is.


Ken's lion has snow on his head.

My poor snow covered flowers!

Are those Jonquils?

This is the spot where I took some of the Tammy World Easter photos just the day before!


It snowed all day! None of it stuck after the initial covering, and by the time we got back last night the snow on the ground was all gone. It was still really cold though. It's freezing today and it's supposed to get down to 27 degrees tonight!  

  But now, the point of this post. Here are some of the latest doll sized goodies we've found at the bin stores lately. First of all, I got really excited when I found a bunch of these balloon lights in the bottom of one of the bins. 




Why? Because they can be used to make doll sized lamps that turn on and off. I've made some dollhouse sized lamps and one 1/6 scale lamp that are non-working, but I've been wanting to make some lamps that actually light. So I snagged as many as I could find. This is most of them.

  You may have seen my review of the Maileg Ginger Brother recently.  They're also known for their little mice family. I spotted this little suitcase in the bottom of a bin.


I opened it up and found this!

The inside of the suitcase is supposed to look like a nursery.

I was so excited that I ignored what the lid said and thought I had found one of those Maileg mice, but it turned out to be a Mudpie fox with her baby sibling.

Her little baby sibling Velcros to her arm.


She's a Big Sister Fox, and her shirt looks like it would come off if you could scoot it down over her shoulders. She'd make a sweet gift for a little girl who is about to be, or has just become a big sister.


  I also found this set of tiny Lego type blocks.



It was a good find. You might remember how happy I was to find a set of mini blocks like this at Disney when we were there on vacation a few years ago. It also puts some variety of colour to the mini Lego type blocks I found in the form of a build-your-own football helmet mini block set at a bin store once. I found the box in the bin, but most of the blocks were spilled out. I dug out all of the blocks I could find and refilled the box. I didn't care if they were all there and made the helmet. I just wanted the tiny blocks.

  I have made some non lighted dollhouse sized lamps, as I said, and to make them one of the things I use is interesting beads. That's why I snagged these out of the bin.


  I saw this, and I thought, 'Barbie sized clothes rack'. 

Without the hangers of course. They don't come with it.

I think it makes more sense for that than what it's intended for.

  Ken found these American Girl sized Zelda cards.


I'm not going to  keep them. They might go on the sales page, or on Ebay.

  I saw these, and immediately thought of Tammy World. 



They are for kids, for cleaning their glasses! They're connected and you use one on your thumb and one on your finger, to clean the lenses. Because they're little shirts it's supposed to encourage kids to keep their glasses clean. Okay.

  I've already made them into shirts for Tammy.





They're done all but for the closures on the backs.

  I found a couple of these figures that I think are the bootleg Nendoroids like Emily reviewed with her real ones recently on The Toybox Philosopher blog.


It's a pretty neat little figure, with a bunch of extra hands, extra faces, an extra coat, and a hat.


  I also got some leather repair stuff. It's sheets of adhesive backed faux leather, which I thought would be good for making miniature books. I got a pack of the one kind, and two rolls of the one that you can't see well here. It's brown.


  Just about the best find was Ken's spot. He wasn't sure what it was, but he thought it was something I'd be interested in, so he nabbed it. As it turns out, he was right!


It's one of those kits to build your own tiny house, complete with furnishings.

It comes with everything you need to make the house and all this stuff pictured in it. It even has the fridge and toilet, and supplies for making the table and chairs, bed, couch, etc.

 I was pretty excited at first, but then I thought, I would prefer to design my own house and decide on my own furnishings. So I will probably make sure nothing is missing and then sell it. Maybe I'll put it on the sales page here, but if it doesn't get any interest in a short period of time, I'll put it on Ebay.

  That's it. I have some neat things to show you soon and an interesting book for the Doll Book of the Month Club this month. See you soon.

4 comments:

  1. I am still here! I am reading but not commenting. Currently trying to unbury our house from several years of shipping boxes. I wish I could blame the pandemic, but these are actually about five years accumulation. I am enjoying reading your posts though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on the house clearing. I'm trying to do that too. Thanks for letting me know you're still reading.

      Delete
  2. What interesting finds! I am going to have to hunt down one of those bin stores, although I suspect, like with my Goodwill shopping, success depends on frequency. I especially love the room kit and the bootleg Nendoroid.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.