Saturday, December 31, 2022

The Return of Doll-A-Day!

   Just a quick announcement to say Happy New Year! And to let everyone know that Doll-A-Day is returning to the blog in 2023! I may regret it, because it's a lot of work, (and I still have to finish my posts on our recent trip too.), but I have been intending to get back to it for the last couple of years. The last two years I haven't been ready when the new year came. Once I miss the first day, I figure it has to wait until the next year. So this year I thought I had it ready...and then couldn't use the pictures I took! So tomorrow's doll will be a different doll from the one I intended, but there will be one posted! Keep an eye open for the trip posts, and hey, what does everybody think about The Doll Book of the Month Club? Should it continue? Leave a comment and let me know what you think. And have a great 2023! 

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy Book of the Month, myself. Have you considered Florence Kate Upton's books? One of the main characters is a golliwog, so it might be a controversial series of books, but it's worth a shot. As for Doll-a-Day, I'm excited to see that come back! You always have a few that I've either never heard of or love dearly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well at least someone seems to want the Doll Book of the Month. I have stayed away from Golliwogs in general. Ken and I have a debate as to whether or not they are offensive. I say they are, but Ken, who grew up with them, sees them only as the little Robertson's jam mascots, which he collected badges of when he was a child. He refuses to see them as human representations, and only as a character. I have a hard time seeing them as anything other than what the original character was based on: a minstrel doll. And that's offensive to me. The books might be lovely stories, but I wouldn't want to offend anyone with them.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.