Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #39: Becky Buccaneer

   Happy Valentine's Day! Ken and I are on our way out to a Valentine's Day lunch, since he has to work tonight. 

  Today's doll is one I found in Indiana recently She's Becky Buccaneer.



She's a Na! Na! Na! Surprise doll. I'm not sure what the surprise is, but I like these dolls.

Whenever I find these dolls second hand, they almost always have their tag.

She's from the Sparkle Series...whatever that is.

Excuse my nails. I've been scrubbing soot off of stuff, and in some cases, scratching it off.

She's made by MGA. Looks like she's from 2020.


 As you may have surmised from the name, she's a pirate.

She has a printed face on her cloth head.

And how do we know she's a pirate? Well, for one thing, she's wearing a pirate do rag. She would have originally had a pirate hat too.

Ew! Dead kitty cats!

She's also wearing an eye patch.


And a piratey vest.


She even has a wooden leg! 

Originally she was also wearing a pair of nigh heeled pirate boots. I have yet to find a second hand Na! Na! Na! Surprise doll who still has it's shoes.

Oh, and she also has a belt.

And a striped skirt. Very piratey.

Pirate underwear! Who holds their underwear up with a belt? Pirates, I guess.

Whoops. What's that above the underwear? I didn't notice that. Maybe a corset?

She has very long red hair.

 

She's jointed at the neck, shoulders and hips. She can sit down, and she can also do this.


Her hands have stitched in fingers.


  I think these dolls are cute. There are three sizes of Na! Na! Na! dolls: minis, at 4 inches, the middle size at, 7 1/2 inches, and the fashion dolls, at 11 inches. This one is 7 1/2 inches tall.


She will eventually get that wild mop of hair tamed.

  That's all for today. see you tomorrow for another doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.