Sunday, November 17, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #320: Vintage Dollhouse Baby

  Yesterday I promised you a vintage doll. Well, here she is.


This little baby is one that was found by the millions when I was a kid. I know my sister and I had several of them.


She's about an inch and a half tall, or there abouts. Maybe two inches.


There's a story behind this doll of Ivy's. When Ivy was very tiny, we were at an estate auction. The lady who had owned the things had a lot of doll houses and miniatures, This baby was in one of the houses. Ivy fell in love with the baby,who was nestled in this little wicker bassinet.

 

  We waited until the house came up for bids. We made several bids on the house, but eventually it went too high and we had to give up. The house went to someone else, and Ivy cried so hard. I remember her crying over Ken's shoulder as he carried her around. We approached the man who had won the house and explained how broken hearted Ivy was, and begged him to sell us the baby. These babies aren't worth much,but he wasn't much interested in selling it to us. He grudgingly did though,and Ivy had her baby.


  That's the doll for today. Tomorrow we'll see another of Ivy's dolls.

7 comments:

  1. What a cute little baby and worth every tear.

    The man should have just given you the doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I would have done in that situation, but I believe he did make us pay him.

      Delete
  2. That's a cute story and a cute doll. Have you ever seen the tiny babies in peanut shells? This doll reminds me a bit of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seent hem. They may have used the same babies. They were very common.

      Delete
  3. That is a tiny and cute little doll, but honestly, like Dorothy said, the guy should have given her the baby for goodness sake!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, he probably didn't even care about the baby doll! What a grouch. I am glad Ivy got her doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not. He was probably going to sell everything anyway.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.