Monday, November 25, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #328: Effanbee Precious Toddlers Kiki

  Today's doll is this girl.


She's an Effanbee doll.


She's from a series called Precious Toddlers,and her name is Kiki. (Thanks to our reader Rachael for that information!) She's 18 inches tall.


We got her second hand,and she was wearing this dress when we got her. It's her original. She also originally had white tights and white shoes.




She has sleep eyes,with lashes. Her lashes were ok years ago when Ivy took possession, but they aren't all there now.


She has a vinyl head and limbs from about halfway down. Her body and the upper portion of her limbs is stuffed white fabric.



She has a body tag stating that she's made by Effanbee.


She also has an Effanbee medallion hanging on an elastic string around her neck.


She was made in 1989. She looks pretty good for her age though! Actually,I agree with Rachael, who said her face looks too mature for her toddler body. I do love her face though.My favourite part is her realistic mouth.


  That's the doll for today. Tomorrow we'll see another of Ivy's dolls.

10 comments:

  1. Effanbee is one of my favorite companies, but unfortunately my knowledge of the later ones is sorely lacking. She's a very cute doll, though. Don't let her lose that tag; I wish my old Patsyette still had hers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ivy has finished with hern and she's getting packed away,m so she won't be losing her tag.

      Delete
  2. I don’t know anything about this doll, but she is beautiful. I like how she looks like s porcelain doll, but she’s vinyl. Is she the same proportions as an American Girl doll? Would she fit their clothes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's a bit more stocky and longer in the torso than an American girl.Her legs are definitely longer.

      Delete
  3. Her proportions are strange. Her face looks too long and grown up to be a very small child, but her body looks very baby/toddlerish.
    I had a bit of a Google but couldn't find any hints about who she is

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's from a line called "Precious toddlers", from 1989, and her name is Kiki!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The post has been updated to include the information.

      Delete
  5. I agree with Rachel. The doll has an "older" face. I like that you still have her original dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Rachael and Dorothy, her face is too long and too grown up. By itself, its a nice face. But put with that babyish body it looks odd. I like the body and dress. I also like the face. But not both together. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. They don't really go together, but separately they are nice!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.