Thursday, February 27, 2020

Play Sets: The Bratz Lifestyle Krazy Kool Retro Cafe

  It's another cold,snowy day! After Sunday was so warm and sunny,and Monday was cold and rainy,the past two or three days have been snowy and the temperature has been in the 20's and 30's,(Fahrenheit). I;m inside with a warm cat on my leg,and my hands are freezing!
  This month's play set in our 'Play sets' series is the Bratz Lifestyle Krazy Kool Retro Cafe. (I feel lucky they didn't spell it 'Kafe'.)


This set is pretty popular with people who do 1/6 dioramas because it's pretty...dare I say it? 'Kool'. It has that red/black and white checked retro look,and looks a lot more realistic than Barbie stuff.


These are the three large pieces.



Unfortunately the jukebox is just a hollow shell. Replace it with the Hanna Montana working jukebox. It doesn't match this set, and is still too skinny, but it lights up and plays music.
None of the cupboards open.

There were some nice accessories that came with it too. I don't have them all. There was the coffee maker,which had two coffee pots,one with a black handle/spout and one with a red handle.



  The coffee pots have a sort of rubbery feel to them. They don't feel smooth and plastic-like.  There is also a blender. I have another blender,but I'm figuring this is the pitcher to the Bratz set because this one feels rubbery like the coffee pot. I don't have the right base to it. It has a pointy bottom, so it can't sit on it's own,or fit into most of the bases of the doll sized blenders.


  The set also includes three silver plastic trays. These don't feel rubbery.


There were also three rubbery feeling white plastic plates...


... food for them,two plain white plastic mugs...

Also rubbery,hence the lint.

...one rubbery parfait glass...




...one ketchup bottle and one mustard bottle,and a computer monitor that is white with a plain blue screen.

Here's what the set looked like in box.
    The mugs are a really good 1/6 scale. Most Barbie mugs are actually a little small. These are a bit bigger than the gift store ceramic mugs I have. (I showed you the ones I 'customized' for Fuzz and Ivy.)

Ceramic on the right, Bratz on the left.
   That's the play set for this month. See you in a day or two for the next Doll Book of the Month Club entry.

6 comments:

  1. Well, I sure do feel "groovy" now (chuckle). I love the look of the jukebox. Too bad it doesn't work. I will have to pretend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this playset! My daughter and I found it at Goodwill a few years ago. She used it with her mini American Girl dolls - including Maryellen, the 50’s girl. It’s a bit on the big side for the mini AG dolls, but works ok - especially if you remember that the AG girls are children. But anyway, it’s a fun set and my daughter enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the set would be perfect for the mini AGs. They're meant to be kids, like you said, so it's perfectly sized. I've seen people use the set as the basis for full blown 50's diners,and they look great.

      Delete
  3. I lovc their playsets and Ive found most of the cars and motorhome at the local thrift stores, Im going to have to share them on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had three of the Bratz cars,the limo, the blue sports car,and the jeep. They are all so well made and realistic.They're much better than Barbie cars. The motor home must be great! I hope you do the post!

      Delete
  4. These do look good and could look great in a diorama. I like all the little extras that these sets come with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.