Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Stuff We Made---Again!

  Recently I did several posts on the miniature souvenirs I made for the kids' dolls' vacations. There were loads more things we made that weren't connected with the doll vacations,that were just 'because'. I came across a lot of them in redoing Ivy's room, and when Fuzz moved back home recently he cleared up some of his doll stuff too, and I photographed some of that. I thought today I'd show you some of those things.
  First up is this tiny puzzle that belongs to Ivy's doll Blue.


You can see from the penny how small it is. I know I cut it out, but I think it had to have been a picture of a puzzle because it had the lines for the pieces already on it. I don't know where I found it.
  In the posts on the souvenirs I showed you some tiny magnets I made. I made these Wizard of Oz magnets for Blue too.



I think they were things I cut out of an old catalog too,and glued to very thin magnet material.
  Ivy has a collection of millefiori paper weights. I made this mini butterfly paperweight for Blue. I got the idea when I found the small,clear half circle,which is actually a rubber foot for something. I put the butterfly picture on the bottom. I thought it worked quite well as a miniature paperweight. You can buy the clear rubber 'feet' by the pack I think.


 

Ivy has a mug that was sold by the company that sold the school photos. They were available with the school photo printed on them, and Ivy had to have a mug of herself. I used the tiny photos used as examples on the school photo sheets and made some Ivy mugs for Blue.



The mugs were sold at lots of places,including a local Hallmark store. They came blank, or with a name printed on them,and were sold for charm bracelets. I had forgotten, but apparently I also made a couple of Fuzzy mugs for Fuzzy the Doll.


The kids made a lot of things too. The array of goodies below belongs to Blue,and were made by Emma mostly. I did make the donut I think, as well as the pink and blue lollipop,(which is missing it's stick),and the pink cake. It has lost it's red bead cherry. It was very easy and quick to make,because it's made of one of those wooden plugs that cover the screw holes in put-it-together-yourself furniture! I just had to paint it!


Fuzzy also has some donuts. I'm not sure which of us made these. They even have a little paper bag to hold them all. The bag would have been home made too. I saved bags from gift stores for things like this because they are thin and make more realistic looking small bags.


I also came across Fuzzy the Doll's New Year's hat.

It was made from a used Christmas cracker,with some Christmas garland around the bottom. (That huge thing coming out from it is the very old rubber band chin strap. It's seen better days.) You had to have a New Year's hat because the dolls had to celebrate New Year's with us.
  Fuzz had one of Emma's cakes too,and what appears to be cheese on a bun.


All of this stuff was made from polymer clay.
  I made Emma a TV for her Emma the Doll. Sometime I'll try to show you that one. This one is Ivy's TV for Blue.


I painted Emma's black, but Ivy's was left white. I put the three black bead controls on it, but I think Ivy is the one who wrote 'Sony' on it. We must have had a Sony TV at the time.
  The TVs were made from tiny boxes. I cut the front out for the screen area,replaced it with a piece of clear plastic from a doll package,and taped in a piece of cardboard to fit behind the 'screen' hole so the pictures I made into TV screens would stand up to the clear plastic. I cut out a lot of 'movies' from store ads,and even wrapping paper.(All those Rankin and Bass shows,like Rudolph,and The Year Without a Santa Claus, etc.,and the Christmas Story ones are from wrapping paper.)

I even found pictures from some of Ivy's favourite movies that aren't very well known,like the little known Disney movie "Child of Glass",second from the bottom, far right. The black and white pictures were from old movie catalogs I saved from school! They were the catalogs the school used to order movies. In my post on Topo Gigio I mentioned how the movie "The Magic World of Topo Gigio" is considered a lost movie now. No one knows where to find a copy of it. But apparently it was still available in the 70's, because there it is, center far left, straight from the school's catalog.
  Most of these 'movies' I 'laminated' by covering them with wide clear tape. 



More Topo Gigio. Ivy loved him.
  Fuzz had some things that were cut out of ads and catalogs,like a pizza,a notebook, a fan,a mask, and a 'Franklin' book rack,cut from a cardstock book ad from a magazine. They're missing, but there were tiny Franklin books that fit inside.


I even made Fuzzy the Doll a birthday card from a scan of the real Fuzzy's birthday party invitation.


I made the kids a movie one year,starring their dolls. Emma was inspired to make movies too. She made a sequel to my "Emma and Fuzzy Take a Road Trip" called "Emma and Fuzzy Take a Time Trip". We held a premier,and invited Emma's friends and their dolls. The starring dolls got to walk down the red carpet amid the flashes of the paparazzi, (We used small strobe lights!),and put their hands and signatures in 'cement'. (It was wet self dry clay. We still have their signatures and hand prints in the 'cement'.)  They even handed out autographed photos of themselves to their fans.

These pictures of Blue and Emma the Doll are from Blue's collection.
  I have more things to show you. The next time we'll look at some three dimensional creations.

14 comments:

  1. Very nice things. The dolls seem to have had everything a doll might need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that teeny little puzzle the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing that you could make such small things! I think my eyes would have crossed after the first one (laugh). I like the TV. Everyone and everydoll, of course, should have a TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are cool! I got pretty excited when you mentioned "Child of glass", the book it's based on was one of my favourites and I've always wanted to see the movie. So I immediately looked for it on Disney plus, and they don't have it! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was on the Disney Channel years ago on the 'from the vault' series of movies. I taped it for the kids and it was always one of Ivy's favourites. I looked and it was at least at one time available from Disney as a 'by demand' dvd. There are some out there. Just Google it!

      Delete
  5. I am constantly in awe of the tiny creations you guys made, and the super-imaginative things the kids’ dolls did! That premiere sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. We videoed it and the kids watched it many times!

      Delete
  6. I think the tiny mugs are my favorite this time. But my favorite of the things you made totally from scratch are the TV and "shows"!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.