Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Cool Finds: 1/6 Scale Furniture and Accessories

   I'm still here! I know I haven't been posting much. Just wait until I get my own computer though! I'll be back with a vengeance! At the moment I'm suffering with a couple of problem fingers, which are making typing difficult. It's going to have to be limited to the thumb and index finger on the right hand at least. Luckily I have the Doll Book of the Month Club post all ready to go, so you'll be seeing that in a couple of days. Tomorrow is the first day of a three day doll auction. There is supposed to be a bunch of dollhouse dolls and furniture, play dolls, and 'dolls with issues', which, as you know, is where I get a lot of my collection!

  As for the fingers, I don't remember doing anything to damage them. I have had some problems with my right hand fingers being very stiff in the mornings. This isn't just stiffness though. It feels the way fingers feel when you stove them up, that is, jam them on something. I don't think I did that, but then I often injure myself and forget about it unless it causes a problem at the time. Actually though, I think it may be arthritis. It really hurts, and using the fingers makes them hurt even more. I said to Ken that if this is arthritis, my 'making stuff' years may be coming to an end. 

  In any case, they hurt, so let's get on with this post!

  I have made some cool finds the last few months. It's time I started showing them to you. My favourite find was this one.


I found this in a glass display case at an antique store. I was really afraid it was going to cost a fortune, but luckily it was only $5. 


 I have a thing about furniture, and I keep saying I'm going to build a 1/6 scale antique store to display all my cool 1/6 scale furniture, vases, etc. The great thing about this chair is how wonderfully to scale it is. Look at those tiny spindles in the back and arms. Usually miniature chairs like this will have fat spindles because making them tiny enough to be to scale makes them easily breakable. I would guess they are also hard to carve that small because they break while you're trying to carve them. This one is beautiful!


  I also found some things at my favourite Goodwill. (I think these all came from there.)


  I don't know what the wooden thing was, but I know what it's going to be! These two are going to be tables.

I noticed from these pictures that the silver thing, (Yes, that is silver. It's just tarnished.), doesn't have it's feet on the floor properly. Shoot.

  My only question is, which end is up?



  It looks good either way. It just needs stained and a table top put on. Any suggestions which way looks better? Imagine it with a top on, both ways.

  See you again in a couple of days for the Doll Book of the Month Club.

9 comments:

  1. Nice finds!I would put the wider end on the bottom for better balance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think that might actually look more right side up too.

      Delete
  2. Love Tammy in the chair. I have the same thing with a finger on my right hand..heat and mild movement and flex exersizes (touching tips of fingers to each other kelps, sometimes I knit with drumsticks if both hands are sore. I think hot dishwater has helped too like a hot bath for your hands.About your wood thing you are going to paint have seen them with a marble egg in the curved part/top of your lower pic the wood was either dark brown or red. Hope you are feeling better soon and enjoy your computer when you get it.Great Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I flex the fingers every morning because they have been really stiff lately. I think you're right about the warm water. I think it does help.
      Thanks alot!

      Delete
  3. Hmm. I had problems with my right shoulder for years, but it cleared up a few years ag, The irony of the finger pain is that the rest of me feels better than it has in years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always look for these types of things when I go to thrift store. You have some good finds! Congrats! I thought the rocking chair was bigger until I saw the Fern from Charlotte’s Web. Are you calling her Tammy? For the wooden stand, either way but I like it with the larger feet down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Fern is my alter ego. When my kids were little I made them dolls of themselves, and I told them that a doll of me as a kid would have to be made from Fern. because she had the red hair with a ponytail and bangs I had when I was little. After that they started calling her Tammy the Doll. She shows up here a lot,modeling things and hanging out with her family.
      I think everybody seems to agree about that wooden table.

      Delete
  5. I agree with everyone else on how the wooden stand should go. I noticed your silver thing was molded wrong. The decorative thing in the middle is too far down and actually sits on the floor. I believe that is what makes the legs not touch. All of it is cool though, especially that chair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the silver thing ust go the other way up. but I'm not sure what it would be for.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.