Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #164: 40th Annivesary Ken

  Today's doll is this fascinating guy.


He's 40th Anniversary Ken.


He was released in 2001,to commemorate,well, the 40th anniversary of the Ken doll.Duh. He came in a tuxedo,and included a miniature version of the original Ken doll and his box.


I found mine at Salvation Army. he was loose, and naked. That means I don't have the tiny Ken. I really want that too.


He has rooted hair. I think they did a pretty good job. It at least lays down, even if he does look a little nerdy.


You'll notice he has rooted hair, but painted on sideburns.
And yes, he is wearing an Ohio State football jersey. I have no idea where I got it.

 

He's pretty nicely articulated. His head only turns side to side, but he has jointed elbows and knees,and a waist joint that allows him to twist and lean.



He has some whopper rivets in his elbows.


He can do the Crazy Hand Jive. (Or as Emma called it when she was a kid, the Crazy Hand Drive.)


He's a killer basketball player.


And he can look smooth.


He also has some heavy duty eyebrows...and Spock's bangs.


I really like him though. He' one of my favourite grown up male dolls that I own.



  There was also a 40th Anniversary Barbie, who also came with a miniature version of the original.
  That's today's doll. See you tomorrow for another one.

9 comments:

  1. I love male dolls with rooted hair like this! That tiny Ken is a super-fun accessory, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these days I'm going to get one of those tiny ones!

      Delete
  2. He's not too bad, certainly nicer than a lot of Ken's I've seen in the past :)
    His hair's quite well done, but yes, a little nerdy, he reminds me a bit of Mr Spock with that fringe! I had a rooted Paul (Sindy's boyfriend) as a child and he had the weirdest hair, in fact I still have him and his hair is even more weird with time!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see your Paul. He sounds interesting.

      Delete
  3. A handsome guy. Or has Barbie might have said, "dreamy." (laugh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great guy, he seems to have some character, unlike some of his more contemporary incarnations. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. He doesn't have that bland expression most of the Kens have.

      Delete
  5. He has hair similar to the fuzzy Todd. Its a tiny big longer but not by much. His shoe color is a bit odd, almost looks like he has shoes painted on his foot. But then he came naked so you had to shoe him with what you have. lol He does have a nice expression.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't much care for the colour of those shoes. I'll have to paint them.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.