Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #176: More Travel Dolls,Because Some People Actually Like Them!

  It seems some of you have been enjoying the travel dolls. I was afraid they might be getting boring. I certainly didn't have time to photograph anything yesterday, so it was nice to have the photos to fall back on. The good news and bad news,(For those of you who are sick of travel dolls), is that I found my other travel dolls yesterday! I have to photograph them for the person who wanted to buy travel dolls,so you will get to see them at some point. I thought there was a tub full. I found only a few,so I kept digging. It seems I had spread them out to a couple of tubs. It's still only a bag full though. I also have some beautiful travel dolls that I'm keeping.I already had plans to include them in this year's daily dolls. And even more good news,I found a bunch more interesting dolls yesterday that you will be seeing in upcoming posts. I even found a doll I've been looking for for ages. I knew I had her, and she had been hiding. But now she's been found and you'll be seeing her soon.
  As for today, I have a few more travel dolls that I thought some of you might like to see.


The two on the left are fairly small dolls compared to those big Spanish dolls from the other day.

 

I think the girl with the pom poms on her hat is supposed to be from the Schwartzwald,or Black Forest region of Germany.The straw hat is called a bollenhut or bollenhuete. Married ladies wear black pom poms,and single women wear red ones.

Those are some big pom poms. Not as big as the Hungarian Matyo costumes have. You can see those dolls and read about them in my post HERE.
I'm not sure about the smaller girl. Likewise, the larger one.
 

The smaller two are plastic, but the large one seems to have a compo or paper mache head. The legs are made of wood, and jointed at the hips so the doll can sit down.
 

  Anybody have any ideas  what countries these dolls represent
  That guy who wanted travel dolls is pretty picky. I thought some of these were pretty interesting.
   See you tomorrow for another doll.



8 comments:

  1. A BRUNETTE GERMAN DOLL!!! It's so nice to see one that doesn't have the stereotypical blonde hair (no offense to blondes, LOL). These travel dolls are great! I'm glad you found some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to publish this, but the smaller doll, with the pitcher on her head, has Portugal on her base. :) Between the short jacket and the red cap, the other doll looks maybe Turkish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By golly, you're right. I might have noticed that when i took the pictures, and then forgot by the time I did the post. I really need my bifocals remade! (They got broken and I can't wear my others all the time because they are for close up only.)

      Delete
  3. I love the little girl with the pitcher on her head. She’s so cute! So funny thing. I went into Goodwill today and they had a whole bunch of travel dolls. I didn’t end up buying any though. I have plenty already and while I like mine for sentimental reasons, they aren’t exactly high quality. I just couldn’t bring myself to spend money on 40 yr old dolls that aren’t in great condition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting dolls, but the girl with the pompoms, her head and face doesn't suit the size of her, do you agree? It's like her face would suit a taller doll! I have to say that I find her face a little bit 'scary'....!!! LOL but that's just me, I'm a bit weird!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. An interesting trio of travel dolls.
    I haven't to too many places but I wish I had thought to purchase travel dolls when I did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with Sharon again, the doll with pompoms has a child body and a very adult face. Her clothes are amazing though! I like the little girl with a pitcher best but I love all the outfits.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.