Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #169: Bye Bye Diapers

  I never heard from Bebe, the winner of our Blogaversary competition. So tomorrow I'll announce a new winner from the remaining entries.
  Today's doll is this kid.


She's Bye Bye Diapers.



She was made by Mattel in 1981.




She's 16 inches tall.
 

She originally came with a bottle and a potty.


Her clothes aren't removable. She has vinyl arms, but her legs are stuffed.


Her gimmick is that she can drink her bottle...


...and then go potty.


There's a Velcro trap door in her clothes to uncover the...hole.

 

 She has a pull string in her back.


When the string is pulled she claps her hands, (because she went potty).


Her arms have to be raised into clapping position though.


You can see a video or her clapping HERE.
  That's the doll for today. CHeck back tomorrow for another one.

7 comments:

  1. She reminds me of a later type of Betsy Wetsy who claps. Her romper is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She’s pretty cute! Her face is very charming. Something about her vaguely rings a bell with me. I wonder if I saw her in a store when I was little? I’d have been about the right age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't receive any notification I was the winner! I've been out of town for a while as my mom's in hospital and I've been taking care of things for her. :c Darn. I wish I'd seen I'd won sooner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry Bebe! I have no way to notify commenters personally,which is why I said I would announce the winner on the blog. I tried to see if I could get to you, but you commented your answer as 'anonymous',and when I clicked on that,it did come up with your profile as Bebe,but there is no way to contact you from that. I am sorry, but it wouldn't be fair to the new winner to take the prize from her now. I hope your mother is alright.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for having the contest, it was very fun to enter! I will admit I'm rather disappointed but ah well, can't do anything about it now. I hope my mom will be alright as well, heart problems are very scary!!

      Delete
    3. I was disappointed only 5 people entered.
      Heart problems are scary.I hope everything works out.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.