Thursday, June 27, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #177: Travel Dolls Again?!

  Ok. If some of you are getting sick of travel dolls,well, you'll have to put up with it today because that's what's for dinner. I promise that in a day or two I will give you a break and show you something else for a while. But today, there's this bunch of girls.


Why are travel dolls more often girls? I guess it's because most dolls in general are girls. But the percentage seems to be even higher amongst travel dolls. Unless it's a British guardsman or a Greek dancer, most travel dolls seems to be guys.
 This girl seems to be related to Tammy Faye Bakker.

Little heavy on the make up, kid. Her tag is hard to red. It looks like maybe Pauni,which is in India, or Pauini,which is in Brazil. Her costume looks like the Hungarian Matyo dolls though.


I'm guessing the girl in the black hat as Bavaria or Germany,maybe West Germany. 



The other two look vaguely familiar, but I'm not placing them. Anybody? Helga?
  Those are the dolls for today. See you again tomorrow for more.

7 comments:

  1. Yes you are right. Most travel dolls are girls. I know that most of the ones in my collection are girls for sure. I have a boy from London dressed as a Buckingham Palace Guard, a little Dutch boy, and a little Amish boy. And I believe that’s all the boys I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. The boys are mostly Guardsmen,or Dutch boys! The exception is those Greek dancer guys.

      Delete
  2. Your doll with the heavy eyeliner probably is from India. It's common there for little ones' eyes there to be lined with kohl, for various reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That outfit doesn't look at all Indian though. I figure it's just a bad paint job.

      Delete
  3. I like the face on the one with long blond plaits.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Sharon. My favorite is the one with the long pigtails. She is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, now I agree with Sharon and Dorothy! I like one with the long blonde braids the best. But again, I like seeing all the different costumes. I don't know how anyone can get tired of travel dolls, they are all different!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.