Thursday, December 12, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #345: Raspberry Herbert/Strawberry Patches

  ** This post has been updated.Thanks to Raging Moon for supplying the name of the line so I could research it!**
  Today's doll is this little guy.


He's from a line called Picka-berry Circus. There were six characters,and they were all clowns. They were obvious Strawberry Shortcake clones.I'm confused though. The back of one package I found online gave the name of the guy dressed like this as Strawberry Patches. Then I found an Ebay listing for one dressed like this guy,in package, and his name was Raspberry Herbert. Most things I've found seem to call him Raspberry Herbert. (He was raspberry scented when new apparently. This guy has no smell any more.) The berries on his shirt look more like strawberries to me, but what do I know?  More mysteries lie ahead too.
 As you can see,he's a clown,but he also seems to be made with the Strawberry Shortcake molds.


He has a face the same shape.


His hands are even like early Strawberry Shortcake hands. At least, the right one is.



He even has strawberries on his shirt.

What I read said they were made by Fishel Toys Limited,but this guy is made by New Bright Industrial Toys.

That's their lamp logo and slogan. It says,'symbol of quality' and Hong Kong.

His outfit has buttons on the front...


...and a snap in the back.



 The rubber band you see belongs to his tie,which is held on by a rubber band around his neck
 

He has a little gray fedora,but he's had a hat-ectomy.


Ahhh! Life in Ivy's room was tough on this guy!

  There was also a French version, which was called,Les Bonbon Circus. Those were made by Delavennat.
New Bright,founded in 1966,is,these days, 'the world's leading manufacturer of radio and remote control toy vehicles',according to their website.
  That's today's doll. We're coming down to the wire on Ivy's room makeover! She'll be home Friday night,and I still have a lot of work to do! See you tomorrow for another doll anyway!

7 comments:

  1. Pickaberry Circus! I love these! One of the sources I found discussing these lists them as "superior to other Strawberry Shortcake clones" because they had more personality. If you compare your little feller to my three Strawberry Shortcake clones then you'll see what I mean. He's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like a "baby" clown, if there is such a thing. I like his bright blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have him! I just pulled him out of a box. The rubber band on his bow tie had fallen off and I fixed it by sewing on elastic. His hat had come off as well. I think the glue wore off. I have a girl doll too. She has purple hair with pink bows. Do you know her name?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Are you willing to sell ? Im trying to collect all of these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, he's my daughter's. Also, he is missing a leg anyway!

      Delete
  5. Wondering if you ever found his leg in Ivy's room. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.