Thursday, December 5, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #338: Rainbow Brite Mini Figure

  I keep going back to Ivy's dolls because I find another interesting one. Today I'm doing that again. Last night I came upon a drawer full of dolls that included one I always liked. So I'm showing her to you today.


I've never been interested in Rainbow Brite, but this little Rainbow Brite doll I bought for Ivy at the height of her Kelly doll obsession just caught my fancy.


She's 4 and a quarter inches tall,just about the same size as a Kelly. I thought if Ivy didn't want to make her a Kelly friend, she could always steal her dress for her Kellys.


She must have done that too, because when I found this doll,she was in her underwear.(Her underwear are white cloth ones.) Luckily I had previously found her dress,and I had put it in with all the Kelly clothes I found. So I was able to redress her...

 

Well, it wasn't quite that easy. I see now why Ivy had never done it herself. It was almost impossible to get the dress back on this girl. She has no jointing, so her arms and legs don't move, She was offering me no cooperation in getting her sleeves on!

It didn't help that her sleeves are gathered at each change of colour. Her thumbs kept getting caught on each layer.

I finally got her dress back on, but it took me a while. Her dress has a tag inside that says Hallmark...



...and Toy Play. There's no year though. I saw a listing for her on line that said 1983, but she doesn't seem that old to me. Plus I thought Mattel had the licensing then. Anybody?


She's Rainbow Brite, so she has a star on her left cheek.
 

And yarn hair.
 

And just like the full size dolls, her bangs don't want to lay down!



She has a red star and a ribbon in her hair.


Her big boots aren't removable.



You can see the post I did on the large plush Rainbow Brite HERE.
  That's the doll for today. See you tomorrow for another one.

6 comments:

  1. If it helps, the Rainbow Brite Wikipedia page says the Toy Play dolls were from 2003

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another cutie doll. I want her boots for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the bigger doll's face better. For some reason it either doesn't translate as well small or the face is different. But she's very colorful and I would wear her boots too lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.