Sunday, March 21, 2021

Birthday Stuff: Disney Store Doll, World's Smallest, and Mini Brands Toys

   The weather is absolutely crazy. We had some warmish weather last week. (Not this past week.) I went around without a jacket. The snow had melted, except for where it had been snow plowed into piles the size of glaciers. That takes ages to finally melt. We had rain that melted a bit more snow. Then it got really cold again. We had snow Monday! I was freezing all day and I put my electric blanket on again.  Then we had weather in the 50's Fahrenheit again. Friday night it was 38! My daffodils must be so confused.

  Last week, as I said, it was pretty warm, and Ken and I took one of our 'fun day's, and went to a  nice state park to do some walking, since my doctor says I should do 150 minutes of exercise a week. It was really nice, and I had to take my sweater off. But the melting snow had made it so muddy that our shoes were caked with mud. We tried to walk in the woods, and to the sides of the path when we could, but there was still a lot of slipping and sliding going on, and our shoes and ankles were a mess. 


We walked about two miles. I thought I would be sore because I have done so little for quite a while, but I was fine.

  Since it was my 'birthday week' I celebrated a bit and ate a few things my LPR diet doesn't allow. We had the most delicious lasagna and eggplant parmesan, which we shared so we could both try each of them. I hadn't had tomato sauce in so long! It was WONDERFUL!

   As I said, it was my birthday that week. Ken and Emma got their wires crossed and they BOTH made me a cake! They were both good though, so no harm done. There's still some left. Ken, as usual, spoiled me. I got a new lens for my camera, so no more having to focus manually. Thank goodness! And no more blurred pictures, which you will all appreciate! He also got me a couple of DVD sets and a special edition magazine, which I picked out. He hates that. He thinks everything should be a surprise. I'm just glad I get the things I wanted! He had already given me the Katherine Johnson doll, but on my birthday he treated me to a couple of dolls from The Disney store. I collect Alice things, and had been wanting the doll from the Disney Store. Once I was there, and seeing the dolls in person, I wasn't sure I didn't like the Wendy, (From "Peter Pan".), more. They were on sale if you bought two, so he insisted I get both. That's one Alice down. Someday I hope to get the full sized Animator's Collection Alice. (You can see my mini Animator's Alice HERE.)


  Of the other gifts I got, the others that would interest you all would include the World's Smallest Slinky Dog that Emma got me...


... and with the money Fuzz gifted me with I bought a couple of the new-ish Mini Brands Toys balls. I was excited about these when I saw that they existed, at Hot Topic, on my birthday. (Don't buy them there though. They cost twice as much there as they do at Target or Walmart.) The things I wanted most out of the balls were the carded Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figures and the Turtles mask. I got lucky and got the mask!


  But in retrospect I think I won't buy any more of the balls. Not that there aren't some really cute things in there. 

Here are the other things I got.

I would love to have a lot of the things. If a person had the money to spare and had the urge to make a 1/6 scale toy store, these would be great.





 But they're about $7 per ball, a ball which contains 5 things. Every ball uses one of the spaces to give you a shelf, which is too small for a lot of the toys, or a shopping cart, which is not in scale with the toys. (I guess you could use it as a toy too.) 

The shelf.

The cart.

A lot of the toys are actual plastic toys on card, or in little boxes. Those are nice. But far too often you get stuck with something like the JoJo Siwa hair bow,


... or some of the 'toys' that are just a reproduction box with nothing in it, like the 'Ready to Roll', above. While that was one thing with regular Mini Brands, where you might get a product that was basically an empty cardboard box, but usually it was an empty box you couldn't replicate easily with just a home printer because the package was unique,(like with the Breyer's ice cream), with these I just feel like it's not enough for the price.

  I have a bunch of the three items that are on the display boxes. If anybody wants to trade a carded Ninja Turtle figure or a Fingerling for a Rubik's cube, a Rainbocorns egg, or a box of Crayola crayons, let me know.


  One of my other presents was from my sister. She got me something I've been wanting: a DNA test kit. I am anxious to get it sent in! I'll let you know what the results say when I get them back.

13 comments:

  1. I guess I'm just weird, because I like the empty boxes. They make good props for ball-jointed dolls. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them too. I just think it's not worth the cost.

      Delete
  2. Happy be-lated. Thanks for sharing your Birthday gifts. I love mini stuff.I just got some shopkins minis w/ boxes and a cart at the swap-meet. The ninja turtle mask too.You have an awesome family. Enjoy your photo equipment.Keep warm ,Great blog,God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I have always loved miniature versions of anything.

      Delete
  3. Happy belated.Great haul. Good heads up on the ball saw one for sale at swap meet.I also got 4 ninja turtle mask.Plus Trolls/mohalk/green fashioista,Horsman MaryPoppins and adamaged composition doll.This is the earliest I have celebrated my birthdat, (May).. but aside from scoring my Grail doll, 12" Spike from Buffy T.V.program. You be good luck.Hope you are warm, happy and healthy, good blog,God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Tam! I have been looking for the Mini Brands Toys balls--I love miniature anything! Your Disney dolls are adorable--and jointed! Nice haul! I have been into bigger dolls lately--I have somehow gotten four Baby Crissys. One is leaving the island soon, hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All kinds of neat stuff this year. And I am looking at it just in time for you to show your haul from THIS year. LOL I think I like the Slinky dog best of the mini stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get much in the way of dolls or doll stuff for Christmas, but we'll see what the birthday brings!

      Delete
  6. Oh! Mini Brands are only $7 in the US? Great. Here they were $8 in one store this week, and that was with a 40% discount. I would like to have some/most of the toy mini brands, but I do not appreciate getting so many duplicates. I am still looking for Shimmer and all the little cars but two.

    The Micro Toy box brand did it better, since they come in packs of 5, 10, 15, and 20 with as much as 1, 6, 10, or 14 visible toys, so that one may have more control over the collecting by looking at the visible toys (unless one, like me, had to order random packs from abroad instead of choosing from a shelf in the toy store).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those little micro machines cars. I have a bunch, but I got them at yard sales. I get very frustrated by the blind buys too. I can't afford to just keep buying and getting doubles. Did you look on my sales page, (There's link at the top right of this page.), to see if I have any doubles you need? I'll be putting some more on soon, I think.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.