Friday, August 27, 2021

What I Got at the Doll Show, Part 4: London Bob

   Well, the doll show is tomorrow. We'll see if I come home with anything. My sister, who does not collect dolls, and has never been to a doll show, is going with me. I hope she doesn't get too bored.

  Today's doll is another of the 'goofy looking' type that I have loved since I was a kid. I was really excited to find him. His name is Bob...London Bob.


  London Bob is in beautiful condition, considering he is a relic of the 60's. (Sort of like me! A relic of the 60's that is. I don't think I'm in nearly as good condition as Bob!)


He  still has his little tag which reads, "Rock and Roll with the London Bob".


Bob is obviously from the era of the 'British Invasion', when British bands flooded the airwaves and guys with long hair were a new thing. Apparently Bob came in various hair colours, including black and blonde. I got lucky, because the Bob I found at the doll show has bright orange hair!


The Bob's with different hair colours also came in different coloured checked jackets.

He also still has his little cardboard guitar! 

I didn't see it when I first picked him up, but the seller made sure I got it. That made him even better!

It's torn, or at least broken, and his elastic cord strap is all stretched out, but I can fix those things.


    His hands are molded in guitar holding/playing shapes.


   His jacket is kind of glued shut, so it's not removeable. His shoes are molded and painted.


  I forgot to measure Bob, but he is about 6 or 7 inches tall.


  This post leaves two more purchases from the last show for me to show you. Will I add to that tomorrow? 

2 comments:

Thanks in advance for your comments.