Thursday, August 26, 2021

What I got at the Doll Show, Part 3: Libby Littlechap

   For part three of 'What I Got at the Doll Show" we're looking at this Libby Littlechap doll. You may remember that I already have a Libby Littlechap.


 (See her HERE.) I was never really crazy about the Littlechaps, but what I do love is Libby's winter coat and boots, and the little school bag that came with them. 


Why? Because when I was in first grade, I had a very similar coat and schoolbag, and when I was younger than that, I wore red rubber snow boots. So I wanted Libby's coat set.


The main difference is that my coat was made of polyester, and had a hood. The hood was so stiff it didn't move with me when I turned my head, so when I tried to look out the window of the school bus, I was left looking at the inside of my hood!

Her belt looks to be dropping a bit.

  


The outfit also came with a little hat, red mittens, and of course, the school bag.


  I've been after the coat set, and Libby's school clothes,(I think it's called her 'blazer set'.(,  or red velvet dress, for her to wear under it, for a while now. 


But the ones I've seen were always  priced higher than I am willing to go. But at the show I found a Libby, wearing the blouse and skirt to the blazer set, the winter coat, and red boots. 


And she was only $15! I don't need the Libby, so she'll get a spa treatment and go, but I'm stealing her clothes. 

The blazer set also originally came with a blue blazer, blue knee socks, black loafers (shoes), and her school books. I actually have the school books. It took me ages to figure out whose books they were, because they are HUGE. I would never have thought they belonged to a doll this size!

I kind of feel guilty about that, but my Libby has better hair. Maybe after her spa treatment this Libby will be just as good, and I'll just keep her clothes and her. and get rid of old Libby. (Sorry kid.)

  So now all I need are the Blue blazer, blue knee socks, the loafers, the red mittens, the red hat, and the school bag. Okay. That sounds like a lot now that I have listed it all! But other than the school bag, I now have the most important parts. (To me anyway.) I need to replace one of the halves of the top snap on her coat, and it could do with a pressing or something, but I'm pretty happy with my purchase.


  Next time we'll see another doll show purchase. Oh boy. And Saturday is another doll show! It's the last doll show of my summer, if not the summer in general. The next doll show is in October, and then nothing else for me until Spring. Between that and how everything may shut down again soon, I am fitting doll shows in while I can. I am masking and sanitizing, so no fear. See you again soon!  

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, a Littlechap doll! I always thought these were cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought they were ugly, but I've grown fond of my Libby, which I got by accident.

      Delete
  2. Great find. Happy that you found clothes for your Libby.

    She is cute, even though her legs and arms look funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, if you sell libby for a reasonable price, please let me know. She is cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will probably be selling her replacement that I only bought for her clothes. I'll be giving her the spa treatment first, of course. But other than responding to a comment, which I think I can only do once, I have no way to let you know. (I can't reply to this one again.) Leave a comment on the replacement Libby's post with your email address and I'll contact you. The replacement Libby is in this post: http://planetofthedolls.blogspot.com/2021/08/what-i-got-at-doll-show-part-3-libby.html Remember, I'll be cleaning her and doing her hair, so she will look a lot better when I'm done!

      Delete
  4. Cute outfit! I have the whole Littlechap family, along with some accessories. If I could get to them, I'd look to see if I have any of the pieces you are missing. But they are in a chest far beneath a pile of big dolls in my bedroom--it was going to be my summer project, but then my husband had a stroke/brain bleed, and I spent all summer with him. (Not to mention developing a raging case of PTSD myself to go along with my already-present depression). But when I finally get to them, I'll look to see if I have anything you need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you very much Beth! I hope your husband is doing much better now. That must have been very scary. You did the right thing hanging with him when he needed you. Take care of your self too though, for both your sakes. I'll email you soon about the Highway Doll.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.