Saturday, October 2, 2021

My Wonderful Gift: A Baps Doll!

   Now that I have my internet and electricity back, there are some things I need to catch up on. One of those things is showing you the amazing gift that Barb (from My Little Doll Corner), sent me after that recent doll show. She said she had a doll for me that she thought would fit in around my collection. Boy was she right! I opened the package when it came and it blew my mind. "What the heck Barb?!!" Barb sent me a BAPS!



  This beautiful little girl was Barb's gift! 


She's definitely a Baps doll. She has a typical Baps face.


And that thread hair.


And of course, those metal feet.


  She's in wonderful condition.


 

Either Barb has a sharper eye than I do, because we were both at that doll show, or she snagged this girl before I saw her. I would have snapped her up if I had seen her!




  For those of you who may have missed my other Baps dolls, you can see my very TLC girl HERE, and my great Baps family HERE. In the meantime, enjoy this girl with me. And thanks again Barb! I appreciate it very much, and I'll be digging out those Ever After High dolls for you very soon!




  There's another doll show tomorrow. It'll be the last of the year for me, since I'll be at Lori's on the day of the next one, because its on her birthday.

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you are so happy with her! I think I was at the doll show before you, but I'm not sure. I wasn't there early; I think I was there around late lunchtime and a little past that. After you confirmed that she was a Baps, I did a search, and the first couple of pics were of a doll dressed identically to this one, only with blue eyes. Apparently that green yarn around her waist was also supposed to go over her shoulders to create suspenders. Anyway, I'm thrilled that I could find her for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean about the yarn. It looks like suspenders from the back. I couldn't find one dresses like her. You'll have to send me the link. Anyway, thanks so much again!

      Delete
  2. What a sweet doll. I have added some Polish small dolls to my collection that remind me of this one, except they have very large wooden feet (which help them stand on their own, but remind me of clown shoes). Enjoy your new Baps doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean the wooden Polish dolls like the one in this post? : http://planetofthedolls.blogspot.com/2016/08/a-yard-sale-haul.html I am wanting to get rid of her. I only want to keep the one that Ken's mom rooted with his childhood hair.

      Delete
  3. She’s adorable!
    Bapsdolls.com on page 6b has a very similar, or the same doll described as either Heidi or a Yugoslavian child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good ol' Barbi is awesome, isn't she? So is the doll, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is very cute! I love her clothes and her sweet face. What a very nice gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An EXTREMELY nice gift. I'm still flabbergasted.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.