Tuesday, March 8, 2022

The Latest Bin Store Doll Goodies

   Ken and I went to Indiana last week to see Ivy and watch an opera she designed and sewed most of the costumes for. 


Ivy got a bio in the program under 'Artistic Team Bios'.


Here are some of her designs.

These two.

This is blurry, but you can see the back. Very pretty.

My favourite was the main witch. That's the middle one. Ivy didn't do the other two.

Practically all the costumes in this picture. Ivy didn't do the one on the lower level, far left, or the two lower level, far right and the one on the upper level, far right.

  We're very proud of Ivy. She'll be graduating in May! Four years flew by, (Although, maybe not for her!) 

Ivy and Ken after the show.

  It occurred to me that we may only be visiting Greencastle one more time, for Ivy's graduation. I had never taken a picture of the murals on the grain towers. Fuzz hated them, but I think they're pretty. So I photographed them this time.





   Now! You may remember my recent post on Bin Stores, and the doll related things I found there. Well there's more where that came from! Here are my most recent finds of doll related things and 'making stuff' supplies from the bin stores. And remember, these things were mostly $1, sometimes $2.

These rolls of faux leather, in pink, and brown, and a roll of wood grain vinyl.


Great for making miniature doll sized furniture, (the faux leather), and  flooring.
  This roll of heavy paper and roll of faux wood paper.


The blueish one looks like old countertops or kitchen chairs, from the 50's. For years I've been wanting to make a set of 50's/early 60's style kitchen table and chairs, the type with chrome table edges and legs. This paper would make perfect counter tops and table tops, and even chair seats and back for that project.


The other one looks like boards. That could be good for backgrounds or floors.


A mat made of faux grass. Great for dioramas and photographs. It's the size of a large welcome mat type rug.


This double picture frame has hinges so it can be opened up, or folded shut. Good for a mini door or window frames.



This anatomy set is just about 1/6 scale. It would be great for a school scene.


It even comes with a sheet that identifies all the organs and explains what they do. 


I know these things are filters of some sort...



... but when I saw them I thought, "Windows!"
 

I pulled the filter bit off. See what I'm saying?


Ken spotted these battery operated mini Christmas street lights.


I'm not sure how I'm going to use these molds. They'd be okay for making doll sized purses if I wasn't worried about them opening. But I'm me, so they'd have to be 'usable'. Anybody have any suggestions for something flexible that would work in these molds?


I got this Barbie sized outfit.


It's made by Leo Glint. I'd never heard of Leo Glint, but looking it up, it seems that the only doll clothes they sell are what they sell as Blythe clothes.


I found these felting tools. I gave my sister one too. I'm not sure what kind of felting they're for, but I'll figure it out.


A whole bag of China markers. I know they're just glorified crayons, but I've always loved writing and colouring with them, since I was a kid. Ivy is the same way.



More little silicone molds that make flowers.




I found these keyrings. They're little mittens, somewhere between American Girl and Patti Playpal size. They're actually suede, which I don't do, but they were there on $1 day, so they might have been thrown away the next day. That's a waste. The poor cow would have died in vain. I was hoping they would be interchangeable so they'd make a pair, but the thumb is a separate piece, and only goes one direction.


These wood sticks are for labelling your plants. They'll work for making stuff too though. They even come with a marker.


I think this is nail art stuff, but the tiny shapes and glitter could come in handy for something mini.


A boatload of tiny plastic containers. They'll be useful for keeping tiny bits in.


I showed you the mini doll cases I was making a while back. (If you missed that you can see it HERE.) I never finished them because I never could get both halves of the cases the exact same size so that they fit together properly. Well, problem solved! These are the same size as the cases I was making.

I have no idea what they are for.

I found another one of those air vent record player air fresheners. I thought maybe somebody might want it, and if not, I can give the spare air freshener things to Emma for hers,(If she has even bothered to use it yet.)


This little string of lights would look good in a mini restaurant.


And these little lanterns would work too. These are Valentines ones, but I also have some purple ones that are just flowered.


I've found several different types of paint brush sets. My sister is quite an artist, so I got some for her too.



This glitter is super fine.


Tiny foil butterflies!



Little skateboards.



A set of wooden stamps.


Little 'jewel' dots in various sizes.



Metallic stuff.


A little...case.


More doll clothes. This is weird though, because not all the clothes are the same scale.


I got all these for $1.

Maybe they're Blythe clothes too, because the hat and head pieces are huge compared to the clothes.




You know what else fruit hammocks are good for? Doll hammocks!


You know what I thought of when I saw these? Stained glass windows.


Emma went with us one day. and she spotted a box that contained these dollhouse light fixtures.


Four for $1!

Doll sunglasses and cups.


Tiny snowflakes and Christmas shapes. I can see dollhouse Christmas garlands and ornaments.




Ken found this box of tiny Chinese food.


One of our best finds ever!






I think this stuff is for cars somehow. But I see doll sized welcome mats, with a little doctoring.


Remember back in December when Target had these?!


A Barbie sized ski lift!


Metallic paint.


More paint.



A boatload of glitter.


Ken found this amazing mini Aladdin lamp! I love it! I think it's for incense, which I don't burn. (I can't stand to breathe anything burning. My nose closes up.) But imagine how cool it would look for smoke to be curling up out of this spout!



When I found these guys I didn't realize they were Elf on the Shelf 'Elf Mates'.

I do love me some Christmas elves.

Red hair and brown eyes!


There was this Gabby's Dollhouse surprise figure. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this. I might end up donating it. I used to buy up Christmas stockings and toys and candy to donate to the battered women and children's shelter. A lot of the women and their kids turn up there with nothing but the clothes on their backs. Then they stopped taking anything second hand, even if it was cleaned before being brought to them. So we'll see how much stuff I can end up with. I already got a bunch of stockings from the bins. I might try to have some stuff to donate for Easter too.


These Barbie sized furniture sets will be good for donation too. I got 2 for $1 each. They each contain a bed, bed spread and pillow, vanity table and chair, couch, 2 pillows, hangers, comb, mirror, brush,  'perfume bottle', and other accessories.



  That's it for now. I'm sure I forgot something that was a great find. This week I've been sick with a bad cold. (I tested. Not Covid.) I've been napping and taking it easy to make sure I'm good for my birthday the day after tomorrow. It's the big one: 60 years old. Maybe I'll finally grow up...Nah!

6 comments:

  1. All kinds of neat goodies, but the best thing about this post is Ivy's costumes! She is amazingly talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Ivy! Those costumes are beautiful! And you find the neatest stuff. I am going to search out one of those bin stores. Happy Birthday! You share a date with my lovely daughter-in-law, and a year with my hubby--he turns 60 in August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I agree! And thanks for the happy birthday.

      Delete
  3. It's been in use since late December! I even posted about it on instagram.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.