Thursday, May 11, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #123: Tyler Wentworth

   Yay! Emma is home from the hospital! She's still in some pain, and tired. The pain medication and muscle relaxants they gave her make her sleepy, but she's so much better. It's terrible to see your kid suffer, even if they are an adult now. So I'm relieved to have her home and doing so well.

  My sister just retired. Yesterday was her last day of work, and we went to see her to make sure she celebrated. We hung a banner on her porch and parked across from her apartment to watch her come home and see it. She wasn't much surprised. The people at work had given her two cakes and bunches of flowers, both live and cut, and a bunch of balloons. We only brought her cheesecake...but it was good!

  While we were there I quickly photographed some of her dolls. She 'doesn't collect dolls'. Yeah. I remember saying that. Anyway, here is one doll she bought at a doll show we went to a while back. She's Tyler Wentworth.


  Tyler Wentworth is a Robert Tonner doll. She was produced from 1999 to 2018, when Tonner went out of business. At 16 inches, she's a bit taller than Ashton Drake's Gene, or at least, she looks like it. I prefer Gene.


  This particular Tyler is jointed at the neck, shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees.


  She was only wearing this teddy when my sister bought her, and she'd like to get her some clothes.


 She's cheap though. She sews, and I suggested she make some.

  Unlike me, my sister has brown hair, (grey now.), and I don't think she particularly likes red hair. She's glad she wasn't the one who got stuck with it. But this doll has red hair, and she doesn't seem to mind.


  She has a nice face, but I told my sister that Tyler needs a barrette, because that hair would drive me crazy. My sister said don't gook her hair up.

I am actually holding it out of her face to take this picture.

  My sister was concerned that I was photographing the doll on the kitchen table, and that she'd just 'look like she's sitting on the kitchen table'. But I assured her it would be okay.



  That's today's doll. See you tomorrow for another one.

2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty one! Her faceup is very nice. I agree, though: she needs a barrette or a bow to hold her hair back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it were me personally, having that hair in my face would drive me crazy. As I have said to Emma, I don't know how Chrissie Hynde has stood it for 45 years.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.