Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #274: Welcome Home Emily by Ashton Drake

  Sorry yesterday's post was late. I had it all done and planned to publish it Monday morning when I was on to message Ivy that we were setting off for Indiana. But of course,I forgot! I have been so tired since we got back from vacation,(I lie. Since we were on vacation.), that I don't know if I'm coming or going. Well I was going, but I forgot to post the post!
  We decided to stay overnight in Indiana and have breakfast with Ivy today. So there was lot of driving and I'm pooped again. So I am putting off that vacation post again,and we are going with another of Norma's,(now Lori's) dolls. She's this baby.


She's Welcome Home Emily,a So Truly Real doll.


She was made by Ashton Drake and designed by Linda Webb.


She measures about 21 inches long. This is her original pink knitted outfit. She also originally came with a white blanket.



She  has thin newborn baby hair.


Her nails are painted to resemble real finger nails. Or maybe she's just had a French manicure.
 

She has glued on false eyelashes, which are coming off. I kept sticking the left one back on while I was photographing her.

 

 Personally,I don't like closed eyed baby dolls. I think they look dead, and it creeps me out.


That's it for today. See you again tomorrow. I'm going to sleep!

6 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the whole they look dead thing! Especially how rigid this one looks in the group photo.
    Creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Mama and I have both said the same thing about closed-eyed baby dolls! Poor Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to be honest, I do not like this doll, or baby dolls in general and I completely can see where you're coming from when you say that sleeping dolls look like they're dead, they really do. No, sorry not for me!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the Its a Boy! porcelain doll from Ashton Drake. I got it after my ultrasound that told me I was expecting a boy. I do wish it had open eyes though because when I use it to display clothes I have made, it creeps people out. As I said, I have to admit I wish the eyes were open. But its special to me since its the first thing I purchased in memory of coming child.

    This doll is really well sculpted and I love her little outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.