Friday, October 11, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #284: Tutti

    Today's doll is another I got at the junk/antique store on the last day of our vacation. She's Barbie's sister, Tutti.


To be more specific,she's Sundae Treat Tutti. She originally came in the Sundae Treat set, which was sold from 1966 to 1968,with her twin brother Todd,2 ice cream sundaes and two spoons,and a table and chairs set.


I thought at first she might be Night Night Sleep Tight Tutti. She and Sundae Treat are the only two  red haired Tuttis.

 

But you can tell this one is Sundae Treat because she has half moon shaped rooted places on the sides of her head,so that the hair can be pulled back like I have it.





This doll was a big mess when I got her.




But I could tell she was worth rescuing,unlike the Chris doll that was there. She was covered with chew marks,and what hair she had left was crispy. Blonde Chris dolls tend to have dry crispy hair.   
  This doll's arms don't bend at the shoulders any more. There's nothing I can do about that except bend her arms at the other spots and try to make them look as normal as possible...as they stick out to the sides weirdly.



But her legs are fine.




  So far I have only worked on this doll's head. Her body still needs cleaned. I also have an extra Sundae Treat dress for her,when I find it. Right now she's wearing the sun suit from the 1966 Tutti fashion, 'Sand Castles'.



It needs washed too. I'm not too worried about it because I have a nice Sand Castles. I also have a Sundae Treat and a Night Night Sleep Tight Tutti. (When I got this Tutti, I was thinking I didn't have Night Night Sleep Tight Tutti, because I had one in box and sold it. But I do still have an unboxed one.) So I'm not sure what I'll do with this girl. I don't really need her.



But what does that have to do with doll collecting?

 

  By the way, Tutti's playhouse is by Little Tikes
  To see my  other Tutti dolls, click 'Tutti' in the side bar.
  That's the doll for today. I have one more doll from vacation,and one more doll from the doll show to show you. See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. You do find some interesting dolls on your travels, don't you!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this little girl, she is so sweet. They really need to do a reproduction of Tutti and the original Todd. Her sunsuit is a little dirty, but still cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her sun suit is dirty because she has been playing all day!

      Delete
    2. Excellent reason for a dirty child!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.