Sunday, October 6, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #279:Pop Vinyl Sandy

  Ok. I have to apologize. I said I would take pictures at the doll show today,and I didn't. It was a 2 hour drive,or was supposed to be. My Google directions were lousy and the road they had me looking for never appeared.I had to stop and ask directions and finally arrived at the doll show over an hour later than I planned. I was so aggravated and in a hurry to get in there that I thought, forget the camera, I may not be allowed to take pictures anyway, and I also I don't want to carry it all over the show all day. So I left it in the car. Sorry.
  On the way home I stopped and hung out with my sister for a while. I don't see her very often,and I was passing right past the little shop where she works on the weekends. So I got back as it was getting completely dark. I am really tired and want to just relax with Ken. So I asked Ken what doll I could do without a lot of time and trouble. He at first suggested my shopping from today. I want to do more on that though. Then he suggested a stuffed dog. No Ken. So he volunteered a doll of his,a gift from Emma for Father's Day this year. Here she is.

 

 Ken has loved Olivia Newton-John since he was a kid.
 

Emma bought him this Funko Pop Vinyl doll of Olivia as Sandy in "Grease".



This is one of two "Grease" Sandy Pop Vinyl dolls. This is the 'Carnival' version,wearing the outfit from the end of the movie.

There are two John Travolta dolls too.
 


What's with that right hand? She seems to have her hand in the position to allow her to do that dance from "Saturday Night Fever". Wrong John Travolta movie Funko.


    If you've always had a hankerin' for this costume Julien Auctions will be auctioning it in November. Newton-Jon decided to auction the iconic leather jacket and spandex pants,(as well as a costume from "Xanadu",tour costumes, and other pieces of her wardrobe), to raise funds for her cancer treatment center in Australia. You can read about that HERE.
  She was first diagnosed with cancer in 1992. In 2013 the cancer returned in her shoulder. Both were successfully treated. Last Fall she announced that the cancer had returned in her back. This sort of cancer,which spreads to other parts of the body, is known as metastatic.
  That's the doll for today. Tomorrow we'll take a break from the vacation posts to see a doll I bought at the doll show today.

8 comments:

  1. The position of her hand makes me wonder if the original sculpt held a cigarette and they had to change it last minute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right about that. She did have a cigarette at the beginning of that number. They may have decided it wasn't appropriate.

      Delete
  2. Cute doll. Thank you Ken for the suggestion.

    Prayers for O N-J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m sorry you had such a hard time finding the doll show. I hope it was worth it and you found some good things. I am glad you got to spend some time with your sister. It looks like this doll show is only about 2 1/2 hrs away from where I live. Maybe I could go to it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son collects these figures, we call them his 'bobble heads' and now my husband seems to have some too....how did that happen?
    I've not seen them Grease characters though.
    It's very sad about Olivia Newton John having cancer, it's such a horrible disease. Let's hope that she is able to get through this latest cancer...positive vibes going her way!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Short and simple, cancer sucks. Funko Pops are not my thing, but it is neat looking. If I have ever seen Grease, I have forgotten it. I guess I should see if I can find it.

    Looking forward to seeing if you got goodies at the doll show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't. I have always hated the message "Grease" sent to girls. Sandy had to change everything about herself so stupid Danny wasn't too embarrassed to have her as a girlfriend and his stupid friends would accept her. It wasn't okay for her to be a 'good girl'. I hate that.

      Delete
    2. Oh wow, maybe that's why I never saw it, it didn't appeal to me.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.