Monday, December 20, 2021

Another Doll Show (From May!), Part 2 At Last!

   Remember way back in May, when I posted Part 1 of a doll show post, promising part 2 wouldn't be far behind? Then I lost the pictures? Yeah. That was nice. Well the weirdest thing happened about a week ago. I found the pictures! I was looking on the wrong memory card! So, although it's been a long time coming, please enjoy these pictures from May's doll show. Maybe they will help to fill the gap until Spring brings the doll shows back.

  I love the girl in pleated skirt. She looks like a Madame Alexander.

This one is a little blurry, but there are some great dolls here. 


That one on the left has been in another post, I know. The big doll is a Patsy, I think. I like the doll next to her, but I never liked the mumps look of the Terri Lee dolls, like the one on the right.


Beautiful dolls here.


Look at that little cute girl with her Easter basket! She looks like a modern reproduction, but she's still cute. And there are two Betsy McCalls.



These girls are looking un all different directions. I lie the tall dark haired girl, and of course, the Betsy McCall. One of these days I hope to get a red haired one. The smaller dolls on the left are Muffy's?


Again, they may be repros, but they're cute.


Looks like an unlicensed Shirley Temple. Look at the face on the girl middle right, (next to the girl in the plaid dress).


These are so cute, but why did I cut off that cute googly eyed girl at the bottom?!


This Gotz doll was really cute, and a good price. But I resisted.


More cuteness. Is that a Patsy on the left? More Muffy doll. I think my favourite in this group is teh Scottish doll.


An Ideal Patti Playpal, and some of the few Barbie family dolls at the show, Skipper, Skooter, and Ricky. The larger red head is Cinnamon. I think the guy in black is Jill's boyfriend Jeff. You can see my Jeff HERE.  



Those two on the right are having a fun conversation, and the girl on the left feels left out.

Possibly the Dionne Quintuplets. Even the baby in the back wonders who they are.



This one is on my list: Baby Secrets by Mattel. Her lips move as she whispers! I need her for my collection of those Mattel dolls with the moving mouths...and for her cuteness! This one was too expensive for me, and a bit washed out. Behind her is the Liddle Kiddles Klub house. I found one of those on the floor of a Goodwill once! Unfortunately, I sold it.


And there's another doll on my list! The Teachy Keen doll on the right is missing from my collection of  dolls with the Drowsy face. The Maggie faced Madame Alexander in red and white gingham is really cute, but out of my price range, I'm sure.  


The baby on the left, and the Ricky Jr. (from "I Love Lucy") are wonderful.


This bunny just grabbed me. He reminds me of the rabbit in one of my childhood Golden books, "When You Were a Baby".


This is before the dealer fixed his ears for his photo!


Quite a mixed crowd! Dolls, bears, buffalo, and moose!


If I hadn't already spent too much, I would have bought this little girl. I love her!


This bulldog cracks me up.


These were lovely.



These felted dolls were made by a pair of nice ladies, who have no doubt been waiting for this post!       


Here is their information, if anybody sees something they would like to have, or wants something specially made!


Did you see what caught my attention?

  
This cat is cute, but that's not it...

.
It was Alice, the White Rabbit, and the Cheshire Cat!


Alice was probably 2 feet tall!
  This screen was beautiful. And check out the circus guys!


He's got some personality.



He kind of reminds me of Bernard Fox, Doctor Bombay on "Bewitched".
The boy looks like a Kathe Kruse doll. Gotta love the sailor suit. 


Aww!


Oh I want that girl on the left! Is she a Lenci? And the blue dress on that other girl is so sweet.


Another Shirley, and a Patsy.



The tall girl withy the side glance eyes!


The wooden person is really interesting looking.


I like the one in the cape.



So many beautiful dolls, and a wonderful bear with a slouchy belly.


Look at the hair on the tall girl. That looks like my old hair. Or, should I say, my young hair!


"What did you say?"


This baby has a familiar face, but I cant thin of who she is. I like how the other doll is snuggling up to her.  


This was something you don't see every often. The Petite Princess Fantasy Room by Ideal.


They were completely furnished room boxes that could be stacked to form a whole dollhouse.


Some of that Petite Princess furniture is great, but it's so often found melted or broken.
More pretty antique dolls.


This lady was extra special. She was a multiple ribbon winner.


It looks like her hands are made of kid leather and are disintegrating.

The dealer told me all about her at the time, and it was very interesting. It has unfortunately been so long now, that I have forgotten it all, except that the dolls was a multiple award winner. I wrote some information on the back of the dealer's card.


But I can't find anything online about it. All I wrote was Grossbeitenlach and B&S.

Look at that tiny detail.


Her friend was nice too.


These little German dollhouse dolls are really cute. I have a weakness for these. You can see mine HERE, HERE,  HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE. Wow. I had forgotten I have so many.


These little bisque kids are cute, and the bench is nice too. I have one like it that I got cheaply at an antique store.


These kids are so fed up with this baby's dramatics. they are ignoring her.

 

Remember the Highway Dolls? One of them was a Molly E doll, and I'm pretty sure that what this doll is too. The dealer thought so too. 


By the way, there are still some Highway Dolls left, if anybody is interested in them for the price of shipping only.
  I can't help but be reminded of Mr. Rogers' King Friday when I look at this puppet.



More nice dolls.


Oh! This little girl AND her outfit! (I think the outfit is new though.)


This is a very strange lady in her underwear.


She looks quite shocked to see that she is being gawked at while in nothing but her drawers.

"We are not amused."

This child appears to be somewhat angry.


Aw! A Margie doll! I love these. They were made by Cameo around 1929. They have composition heads and torsos, and wooden limbs that are posable. And they're very cute!

A Margie is on my list too, but out of my range.

This child looks...strange.

But cute.

More nicely dressed little girls.


This monkey appealed to me.


I like these little guys.


This porcelain kid looks like maybe a newer repro, but the kid he's holding looks 60's or early 70's.

I prefer the smaller doll.

Antique dolls.


The three in the front are my favourites of the bunch.


I wonder if that's the same Animal puppet I bought at the August show?


Guess my favourite. Got it? If you guessed the girl in plaid, you're right.


A Thumbelina, (in the middle), just like my childhood one...except this one has hair.



A cute baby with a very shiny face.


A very stylish lady...


...and a fella in the military.


A Caco baby in very nice condition.


I circled back around especially to photograph this girl in a snowsuit.


I really liked this sweet looking girl with ringlets.                                                             




A little group of Steiff animals, including a pig and a rhino. I've never seen a Steiff rhino before.



This girl has attitude.


I was quite taken with this 1930's Uncle Wiggly by Georgene Averill.


Likewise this Porky Pig.



No doll show is complete without some Shirley Temple dolls. This one was in super nice condition.



  Well, that's it for that show.  There won't be another around here until Spring. But I have lots to show you. I'm debating doing Doll-A-Day again next year. What do you think? It's lots of work, and also, if I do that I don't have time to post on other things. However, I'm thinking about it, or maybe doing a twice a week doll. Then I could still do the Doll Book of the Month and all sorts of other things, like doll show posts. We'll see.

9 comments:

  1. Mumps face! LOL, Terri Lee's mumps face is almost as good as the "grunt face" your niece says some Thumbelina dolls have! You are right, though; Terri Lee DOES look like she has the mumps. Maybe that's why she always looks so grouchy. Lovely post, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And here's another thing I don't like about old Terri Lee dolls. (The repros don't have this problem,) Not only do they have mumps, they have lumpy mumps. Have you ever notice how some of them look like they have been carved from wax? The faces aren't smooth. They even have a waxy look to their vinyl. Just no, all the way arund!

      Delete
  2. It's taken me a while to process all these great pictures! So many beautiful antique dolls. The doll in the kimono, lying in front of the Madame Alexander in red and white gingham, looks exactly like one that I took a picture of at the last doll show that I attended. The porcelain little girl with a broom looks like she was made by the same company that produced porcelain dolls for one's birthday month. My grandmother had one of those for her month, February. It's too bad that award-winning doll's dress is falling apart. And I find it funny that snowsuit doll is holding ski poles and wearing ice skates. Apparently she can't decide what she wants to do! Mr. BTEG and I each have a small Steiff that we bought for each other when we were in Germany. We spent a lot of time in toy stores there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It very well could be the same doll you photographed. Some of these dolls make the rounds for quite a while before they sell or the dealer decides they aren't worth bringing again. I've found a few I passed up at one point much later on.
      I noticed the same thing about the poor indecisive snow suit girl!

      Delete
  3. I learn so much from your posts, Tam! Thanks for sharing so many lovely photos--I looked at them several times. One of these days, I am going to come over to Ohio for a show--when is the next one? I live about 90 miles south of Pittsburgh, so it wouldn't be out of the question! I could probably talk hubby into an overnight trip. Hmmmm. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's one in Cleveland on February 27th. I suppose the southern Ohio ones would be closer for you. There's one in Cincinnati on April 9th. Wouldn't it be fun if we could meet up there?!

      Delete
  4. I love it when you share pictures of the doll shows. I have never been to one of these and its like we got a free ticket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go sometime, even if you don't buy anything. It's still fun to se everything. Plus you might find some of your childhood dolls you're trying to replace.

      Delete
    2. The only problem is I have never heard of one near me!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.