Friday, June 2, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #145: Hard Plastic Twins

   Today's dolls came from a doll show a couple of years ago. They were so cute, and so cheap, that I couldn't resist. And of course, they had been together for so long, I couldn't separate them.


  They're just very simple little hard plastic dolls. I'm guessing them to be from the 50's, or early 60's.


They have very gluey seams and not the best of paint jobs, so they were cheap even when they were new, I'm sure.


  They have sleep eyes, which don't line up with their eye holes very well.


That is worse on one of them than the other.


But they still manage to be so cute. with their curly bobs and pretty dresses.

Look at that swirl in the front.

Cute little heads, and more molded detail than you would think.

Her dress has a kitty cat!

And kids playing.



They even have matching bonnets.




And their shoes are painted on, right? Well, yes, but...


They didn't bother to mold any shoes! They just painted their bare feet!


And before you say it, no, it looks factory.

They're about six inches tall.


  When I got them, I thought they would be such fun to photograph, because they would be so cute in a Spring setting, with some tiny flowers.



Well they weren't fun to photograph!  They were awful! They have very floppy legs, and they couldn't stand up even when they were propped.

This took an inordinate amount of work!

 Plus the gravel was hurting my butt...

  But they are cute, and it took me ages to photograph them because my autofocus is not working, so I'm going to show you more pictures. 








  And some good news for a change, I found my phone today! So everybody can stop scolding me now, I have the pictures on the phone back at least. and Ken can stop threatening to change the service over to his crappy phone.

  Tomorrow is Emma's birthday. I will still be back with a doll, and the book I still owe you. See you then.

6 comments:

  1. That's a shame that they were so irksome to photograph, because they are adorable dolls. Your effort was worthwhile, as these pictures came out pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. If only they had been more cooperative, I could have made them look even more adorable!

      Delete
  2. They are adorable, but their mother needs to take them to an eye doctor. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Maybe they'll grow out of their cross eyes, like Ken and Ivy did.

      Delete
  3. Aww, these gals look like something I would have carried around as a child! I still love tiny dolls--I use the excuse that I am buying little dolls for my BIG dolls, so they can have a dolly, too! It is a terribly slippery slope. Hee! I am catching up on the posts--my dad had a terrible fall last month which resulted in a broken clavicle, surgery to fix the 2-inch break, and my sleeping on Dad's couch for 2+ weeks so I could help him. He is on the mend, slowly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch! I hope your dad mends and feels better. Ken's sister was in a car accident and broke her sternum recently! They don't do ANYTHING for that! It just has to heal itself. Anyway, glad to have you back.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.