Thursday, June 1, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #144: My Twinn Catherine

  Today's doll is a My Twinn. I think she is a Caroline, but I'm not expert.


She is 23 inches tall.

  The little I know about My Twinn dolls at least covers the fact that there were many different head sculpts. I have narrowed this one down as far as I can, and she seems to resemble a Caroline more than any other face.


She has blue eyes, with black lashes, and long ash blonde hair.


She does have the My Twinn imprint on the back of her neck...


...and the My Twinn tag on her body.


Her tag says she was made in China, of that means anything to you My Twinn fans out there. She has a white body fabric. 


It's super clean except for a dirt mark just under her neck joint. That's kind of amazing considering she was brought to the storage by Ken, who had been handling all sorts of sooty stuff at the house. (For the record, she wasn't anywhere near the fire, or the Room of Water. She was brought to storage to get her out of the way when Ken is moving things around in the house to carry down huge contractor bags of rubble from Fuzzy's room.) Her dress has a My Twinn tag too.


She's wearing white tights and white shoes, which are probably also My Twinn, but the surface of the shoes isn't holding up very well.
  She can
t turn her head, but she has the My Twinn jointing of shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees. I always think My Twinn dolls look a little awkward the way their arms bend. But at least her joints are tight and she can hold a pose.


  I apologize for the blurry picture. My autofocus is still not working, and my lens is very stiff to work manually. I think I need a new lens. Everything goes at once!


Her hair is long, and not rooted for pigtails, but someone put it in them. I guess it's good in a way, because it made sure her hair didn't get super tangled. 


  My Twinn got it's name because you could supposedly get your child a doll that looked just like them, because you could choose a face sculpt, and a hair and eye colour and hair style that most looked like them. I still didn't see the resemblance between the doll one of Emma's friends had as a kid, and the real kid herself.

I have posted My Twinn dolls before. You might have seen the blonde, which I don't have any more, HERE, and the dark haired one belonging to Emma HERE. Emma's, which she bought to resell, but wanted me to fix the neck joint on first, is here, standing on the landing in her nakedness, watching everybody who goes up and down. She was rescued from the Room of Water, with only slightly damp clothes, which I removed and washed. I never did fix her neck, because I was afraid I'd mess her up further, and kept putting it off. Emma still wants to get rid of her, and I'm sure everyone would prefer she weren't here, giving them the creeps. 

  That's the doll for today. See you tomorrow with a doll, and a Doll Book of the Month Club post, only a couple of days late.

6 comments:

  1. She appears to be a Denver-era Catherine, and a pretty one at that. The Catherine head is not one of my personal favorites, but yours is awfully nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can you tell she's a Denver era? What should I be looking for?

      Delete
  2. I have two My Twinn dolls that I’ve found at thrift stores. I don’t have them displayed because I can’t decide if they are cute or creepy. I don’t really know how I feel about My Twinn really. I do like this doll you’ve posted here. I think she looks a bit less creepy than my dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen dolls that are either cute or creepy. It sounds strange, because you'd think nothing could be both, but it happens. Maybe it's just me, but I think the ones with the pale blue eyes are more creepy.

      Delete
  3. I bought My Twinn dolls for my daughters, and while there was some resemblance, it wasn't exact. In fact, my daughters had the child-sized version of the dress your doll is wearing. I have about ten or so My Twinn dolls in my own collection, including one whose eyes have gone pink and need replaced. Eventually....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink?! I have a Shirley Temple that is heading that way. It's one that frequently gets pink eyes. So far they are holding out pretty well. They are only green. It makes Shirley look pretty demonic, so I'm hoping they stay the way they are!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.