Monday, June 5, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #147: Baby Trix

   Today's doll is one I found at an antique mall back before I lost my phone. (Hey! I found it! Now I have the pictures I took to show you!)


   I quite like this doll, so I looked at it more than once. I still haven't been able to justify paying $20 for it, since it's quite worn and I didn't know what doll it was so I could see what it should cost. I know who it is now though. It's Baby Trix by Uneeda. (And I'm still not sure how much she should cost!)

That's Baby Trix in Pink at the bottom right.

  Uneeda produced two Baby Trix dolls. One was sold in the 1950's, and was a drink and wet doll who 'moves without batteries'. I'm still not sure how it did that. This doll is marked 1964 on the back of it's neck, but from what I have been able to find, it was actually sold in 1965.


  This doll differs from the other Baby Trix doll in that it is not a drink and wet doll. It couldn't be, because the only way this doll 'moves' is that it has a foam covered wire armature, (with vinyl hands),making it bendy and able to be posed.

This kid is about 16 or 18 inches tall.


Baby Trix has inset brown sleep eyes.




  After finding this doll online,  I have seen versions in pink, red, red and white striped, and blue flannel pajamas, so apparently it was sold in a variety of colours. There would also have been white pom poms on the front of the jammies.

That's today's doll. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.