Monday, February 4, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #36: Maxie

  The last few days I have posted especially late, Today I'm posting especially early because I have to be at the hospital with Lori at 6AM. To follow up on recent events,the water problem has been fixed,Ken fixed the pipes today. Ah! Hot water again!
  Yesterday we saw a couple of Ashley dolls, friend of Maxie. Today's doll is another from the Maxie line. It's Maxie herself.


I saved Maxie for today, because my example is not that nice. I wouldn't lead a series off with her! Emma has a much nicer Maxie she bought in box, but I couldn't find her. A lot of Emma's stuff is put away.



She has some problems with her bangs. They don't want to lay down.


Unless I hold them down!


Maxie was made by Hasbro.

Check that eye makeup and those hairy brows. She has one of those classically 80's 'startled happy' faces,like Barbie.
The line ran from 1988 to 1990.You can watch a commercial for the Maxie dolls HERE.


  Besides her friends friends,a couple of which you saw yesterday. She also had a boyfriend named Rob. Guess who you'll see tomorrow...
Maxie,and her friends are 11 1/2" tall. She's basically the same size as Barbie, but comes off as being bigger. That's because Maxie has much more realistic body proportions.


Her hands seem to be a lot bigger than Barbie's.but side by side comparison shows that they aren't. They're just more realistic. You can see the comparison in yesterday' post HERE.
 

Maxie has silent click bend knees,that actually bend pretty far. Oddly,Maxie's knees bent much farther than the knees on either Ashley doll. I don't know if this is the design,or if the Ashleys,(or maybe Maxie) have something wrong with their knees.

  

Maxie has the more realistic bend.

Ashley on the left and Maxie on the right. (She borrowed a skirt.)


I think Maxie has the same face sculpt as her friend Sun Splash Ashley.

I think they're just painted differently.
Slumber Party Ashley is completely different though.

 
 Maxie is wearing an original Maxie jacket, which is also in questionable shape,just because:
I don't have any other Maxie clothes to show her  to you in. It's the jacket from Cheerleader Maxie, but I don't know if the doll is Cheerleader Maxie.

The sleeves have shed their faux leather coating,like so many leather look doll clothes from around that time.


 There was a cartoon to accompany the Maxie line. "Maxie's World" ran for 32 episodes in the first year of the doll's production. You can watch an episode HERE.


There were playsets and fashions released for the Maxie line too,like the Maxie Day Dreaming Bed you saw yesterday.
 







Alot of her accessories were made from molds created for Jem,another Hasbro line that preceded Maxie.
  That's it for Maxie. Tomorrow we'll finished up the Maxie theme. See you then.

13 comments:

  1. MAXIE!!! I love Maxie!!! I'll have to go back and check out the other posts now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it. The third post just published. I hope you'll check it out.

      Delete
  2. She is new to me. I like the "letter" jacket, as the hip folks would have called it in the 1950s (laugh). Her eyes are definitely blue. She is very cheerleader charming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll say they're blue! Kind of scary! I think they still call them that. My oldest daughter ahd one. She lettered in music or academics. I can't remember which. It sure wasn't sports! She's MY kid!

      Delete
  3. Maxie and Ashley look very pretty. Are they as tall as the Jem dolls?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Blogger screwed something up. Your posts jumped from doll #34 to doll #36. The post with doll #35 seems to be missing.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That post has been a problem since it was in draft.maybe that's why it's not showing up. I'm working on fixing it. Keep watching the number 35 space.

      Delete
  5. Hello :) I love all of your posts! And I don't see #35 either. Good luck in fixing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not heard of Maxie but I like the girl with the brown eyes, because the blue eyes seem a little bit unnatural being so blue. And that bed is really great!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Maxie didn't make it that far.Or maybe she came out at the wrong time for you. I missed her completely,but Emma discovered them when she was a kid, and she really liked them. The bed was a Goodwill or yard sale find. It's definitely a keeper!

      Delete
  7. I like the little animal you have them holding better than the dolls. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could remember what those were called. I'd give them a credit. I know they were often sold in family groups, but I can't remember the name of the line.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.