Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #37: Rob, Maxie's Boyfriend

I'm just getting this one in under the wire to count as today! Yesterday Lori had her heart procedure which went very well. Let's hope this one takes and she can forget about the heart problems. She wasn't allowed to drive herself home form the hospital yesterday,so I took her home and stayed to help out. Ken came to pick me up today,and we stayed so he could connect her Roku up for her,and I helped her sort out the last of her dad's things. So we got home a bit late.
Yesterday we saw Maxie, and the day before, her friend Ashley. Today we're taking a look at Maxie's boyfriend Rob.


Rob seems to be harder to find than Maxie or Ashley. This is the only one I have ever seen in person.

Maxie and Rob,together again.

He doesn't have his original clothes.He's been redressed in Ken clothes.


 Rob has some BIG hair.


Rob is 12" tall. He's the same size as Ken, but comes off bigger. Like Ashley and Maxie, Rob seems beefier overall than the Mattel counterpart. Maybe it's because he's muscled.

He has some big arms and hands.
Rob on the left,4oth anniversary Ken on the right. You'll have to excuse what seems to be Rob's dirty hands. Rob is actually Emma's. When she moved out, he was left in the basement for a few years,until I rescued him after a basement flood. He was pretty mildewed by then and had to be scrubbed with baking soda and a baby toothbrush. But even
those can't work miracles.
Rob has big hair,but that's not why his head looks bigger than Ken's. His whole head is big.



Rob looks big,but if he went to the beach and met Tuesday Taylor's boyfriend Eric, he'd be getting sand kicked in his face.
 

With his big head he might be able to outwit pinheaded Eric though. You can see my post on Eric HERE.
 
"Bring it on!"
At least Rob is a little different looking from Ken and most other male dolls of the era. He can add some variety,if you don't mind guys with big hair.
  That's it for the Maxie line. Tomorrow we'll look at a very different doll.

12 comments:

  1. I enjoy this series very much. I could never read day #35 about Ashley. It is skipping from #34 to #36. I am glad your friend is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you The post is being fixed and should be showing up at 35 later tonight.

      Delete
  2. Um. . . Not to be super annoying but I can't find the Ashley post. Is that just me being sleep deprived?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not you,but maybe me! There was something wrong with that post in draft.It kept disappearing. It's doing the same now. So I'm redoing it, and it should be showing up---in the 35 spot,later on tonight.

      Delete
  3. I liked this doll too. :-)

    But I have to say it: "The Emperor has no clothes..." (I can not see any post on Ashley on any of the past days, as you keep refering to...).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's being fixed.Keep an eye out for the number 35 spot.Hopefully it will be showing up tonight.

      Delete
  4. More importantly: I am happy all is well with Lori, and that you could help her out. Good friends do not grow on trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      They certainly don't,although Lori has many. She has a friend who came over and let her dogs out while we were at the hospital, and one who came over twice a day to feed her horses, and is still doing it since she is not allowed to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk for a week or so. She's lucky in the friend department.

      Delete
  5. Well Rob is certainly a "manly man." I didn't notice his hands. He probably just came back from working out so his hands "appear" to be dirty (laugh).
    Sending out prayers for Lori.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Lori's ablation went very well.We won't know if it's going to do the trick until she does or doesn't have another heart episode.

      Delete
  6. LOL He does indeed have big hair but his proportions seem quite good.
    I'm glad to hear that your friend Lori's procedure went well, I'm late reading blogs this month because my son was here and today is the first day I've put my laptop on in about two weeks!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice you got to send some time with him. Who needs a computer when you have your son there?!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.