Sunday, February 10, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #41: Team Stacie...It's a Boy!

  Today we are covered in snow. The day before yesterday there was no snow,and I noticed that my daffodils have started peeking out already.
And yes, I need to rake there.
  Before I go on with the doll for today, is anybody still having trouble seeing the Maxie Ashley post? I was going to repost it, but comments on it continued to show up,so obviously someone is seeing it. It's still not showing up for me though! If some of you would check for me and let me know if you're having trouble finding it I would appreciate it. It wold be day #35.
  Today's doll is this guy.

He's still in his box because Emma and I couldn't decide who wanted him more.
I just found him last night at Target. Maybe you knew he was out there, but it was a surprise to me. He's a friend of Barbie's sister Stacie,thus his series is 'Team Stacie'. it looks like there are a couple of other dolls in the series.


He's 9" tall, like the current Stacie dolls. In fact, I'm pretty sure he has the same body as Stacie.
 He comes with this great easel.


It has a snap on base.
There's also a cardboard paint palette, and a really crappy 'painting'.
 

 To use with this there are three 'cans of paint'. Funny,because that 'painting' has four colours.
Of course there's a paint brush...


The painting has an illegible signature, which is the only indication of this guy's name. There's nothing on the box about his identity.


He has a green and white striped shirt,faux denim shorts,and silver high tops.



He has one bent arm. It's his right, which must make using that paint brush difficult.


He has molded and painted brown hair,brown eyes...

 

...and a decided overbite.



It's sort of a young Freddie Mercury look.


  That's all for today. See you again tomorrow for another doll.

16 comments:

  1. Wow he is weird! Wrong number of paint pots, doing art with a house paint brush, and a painting that'd be acceptable from a 3 year old but he looks more like a 10 year old .
    . . And is it ok to say his face is a bit odd?
    But I do like that they're doing more Stacie sized dolls. Will have to check them out.
    I still can't see the Ashley post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as the brush,maybe he studied under Bob Ross! He always painted with a house painting brush. He got better results than this guy though.

      Delete
  2. Day #35 is still not showing up for me. Maybe it only shows up for people who have Google Plus or something. I did get an alert on my Blogger dashboard saying there'd been some changes to Google Plus.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering if it had something to do with that too. I found it today,showing up in last July's post! Something went funny with the posting date.See if you can see it between 34 and 36 now. Let me know.

      Delete
  3. Rachael, I agree that his face is odd, at least to me. I can't see the Ashley post either, and I have a Google Plus account. Treesa, they're phasing out Google Plus, because hardly anybody uses it. Speaking of Google Plus, though, one of my online friends made "paintings" very similar to what Team Stacie Boy did. I used to roll my eyes when her other artsy friends would talk about how much meaning they could see in her work. And I have a father and sister who are artists, so I do know a little about art. :) I love the Sherlock Holmes quote: "Art in the blood is liable to take the strangest forms."

    Tam, we got snow yesterday, but nothing is poking up out of the ground here yet, not even crocuses, which usually flower earlier than the daffodils around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's bound to be colder up there. Maybe that's why. When do you usually start seeing the crocus? Check to see if the post is showing up between 34 and 36 now. I may have fixed it.

      Delete
  4. I like him. It is art, not realism, and it looks like it is made with a broad brush, so... Funny that there is no yellow paint.
    In one review, they showed that his accessories are the same as an accessory set, only different colours.


    I see the Ashley post now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's just that I don't like modern art.

      Delete
  5. I don't have Day #35 either.
    The Team Stacie guy looks like he is singing into his paint brush; maybe he wants to be a singer.
    Otherwise, he is kind of goofy cute (if that makes sense - laugh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess he didn't have the traditional wanna be singer's hairbrush handy!

      Delete
  6. I agree, I think his face is odd-looking, and I'm not a fan of the baggy shirt. It's nice that they're bringing out boys in this size but I think they could do better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. This guy is really unpopular. I thought I was just being overcritical. He does look a little weird,but then,some people do.

      Delete
  7. I always wanted a Stacie doll, but they don't appear here in Spain so much. I like the dark skinned girl on the box photo, she looks very nice. This boy looks a bit too smiley for my tastes, and that one bent arm would bother me. But it's nice that there's a boy one now though.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The current type of Stacie, or the older ones? I could send you one. Especially if we get to go to England this year. It would be fairly cheap to mail from there. Maybe we could even do a trade.

      Delete
  8. Short and sweet, I don't like him. He looks like the kind of boy that would dip little girls' pigtails in ink. He's got a smarmy smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.