Friday, February 8, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #40: Connie's Collection: Little Miss Dollikin

  An early early post today because it's Ken's birthday. Emma's coming and we are going to make a day of it.
  Yesterday I told you about my friend Connie. From time to time we will be seeing some dolls from her collection. Today's is this Little Miss Dollikin.


Dollikin was a name given to a series of articulated dolls made by Uneeda, that originated in 1958 as a 19" doll that looked very much like Miss Revlon. (You may have seen a couple of my Dollikins HERE and HERE.) There were smaller ones made over the years, including a Barbie sized one, beginning in 1969. (You can see my post on mine HERE.) Today's Dollikin was produced during the Dawn era,from the late 60's to the early 70's as a competitor for the Dawn doll .

.
That stubborn hair! "There was a little girl who had a little curl,right in the middle of her forehead.And when she was good she was very,very good. And when she was bad she was horrid."

As such, she stands 6 1/2" tall.

Ha! I got the hair to lay down!
  Her box contained the line "Poses like the human body".
 

She's jointed almost like the bigger girls, with joints at the neck, shoulders, elbows, waist,hips, and knees.


Unlike the larger Dollikins,she doesn't have joints at the wrists or ankles.
 
Sorry about the blurry picture. It was cold out there! I was going to take more inside, but then my camera battery died.

 This is her original outfit. The various Little Miss Dollikin dolls had different colour outfits in the same style.


There was a version of this doll sold as Triki Miki,wearing a floral outfit in the same style,and sold exclusively at Woolworth's.

If you ask me, she has the Crazy Eyes.
We'll see another doll tomorrow.

13 comments:

  1. My sisters and I had this doll growing up. I remember putting her into Barbie's world as some sort of younger girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thta's right,You're younger than I am. Just a kid.

      Delete
  2. A cute doll. She is definitely poseable. I like her outfit. It's "mod" as we would have said in the 1960s and 1970s. She reminds me of Emma Peel from the British TV show The Avengers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh,you know you're right. They should have made a Dollikin Emma Peel. Being all posable like that she could really have kicked some butts!

      Delete
  3. LOL she does have crazy eyes but she looks quite interesting and I like the size.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one that the arms have come undone. Is there a way to repair them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are strung, so if you can find a way to run the thread through they should be fixable.

      Delete
  5. Oh cool! I was wanting to see an example of the smaller size and I just had to wait a few posts. She does have crazy eyes, but I love the size of her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this exact doll. Sadly I lost her shoes when I
    Played with her. She otherwise is great shape!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this exact doll. Sadly I lost her shoes when I
    Played with her. She otherwise is great shape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always the shoes! My sister bought a whole pack of Skipper shoes when we were kids because she thought they might fit her Francie. We didn't even have a Skipper, so nobody could wear the shoes, and we still lost all of them but two, that don't even match...and now I have a Skipper collection!

      Delete
  8. She's cute. I have a few of these dolls. They came with longer hair. Brown, ginger, blonde and black. The only thing is they get swingy. Once re-strung, they are fine again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they do get swingy! I have a couple of larger ones that just fell apart.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.