Friday, February 15, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #45: A Rag Doll and her Mini Me

  I'm a bit late posting today's doll. It was Valentine's Day,so Ken and I had lunch out and hung out playing a game before he went to work. But that's not why I'm late. I was going to just take photos and have an early night. Instead I began digging around in my closet,which always leads me down roads that stray off into all directions and take forever to clear up. It was a good thing in a few ways though, since:
  I dug out some dolls you'll be seeing in upcoming posts.
  I crammed some more stuff in there out of my way
  and I found several things I have been looking for,like my dad's ring,some missing doll clothes,and this:

It's signed, but it's hard to se in photos...and not that easy to see in real life.

I put it 'somewhere safe'. I have forgotten where I put this thing for the last time. It has settled in a spot now, and for good or bad, it's staying there.  Of course, now I have forgotten where I put the signed postcard.
  The thing that unexpectedly delayed me the most,(and worst) involves the equation of Ken+thawed frozen lobster+fridge+stupid place to put it in an unsealed package = A big smelly mess in the floor. I had to clean that up! I had to take the little red corpse out of the fridge door in the first place because it was laying on the flour and my milk! Gross! Of course, that's when I realized the thing wasn't sealed and there was a huge splattery puddle of dead lobster juice all over the floor. Luckily it hadn't leaked while laying on the flour and milk! That stuff STINKS too! I was here by myself, but there was quite a lot of yelling and cries of "Gross!", "Disgusting!", and I believe there was reference to Ken's demise. He's lucky he wasn't here.
  Anyway, it took a while to clean it up and sanitize the floor and find something to contain the corpse so it kept it's smelly liquids to itself from now on. To have room for it in the fridge in it's huge container,(because I couldn't find a big enough ziplock bag),I had to remove a container of Ken's homemade turkey soup that I've been telling him for ages needed thrown out. He kept telling me to 'just leave it', and I had done for so long that by now it had become what I call, 'turkey a la King'---Don King, that is.

"That turkey soup is wearing my hair!"

Maybe now he'll consent to throw it away...before it walks away by itself.
  So, today's doll is sort of two: this little lady and her little lady.


The big girl is about 9" tall.


I forgot to measure the little girl, but you can see how tiny she is.


The big girl has a dress, pinafore, and long bloomers, but no shoes.


The little girl doesn't even have any limbs!


My advice: Do not allow cats to assist you in your photography. They put themselves into their work...and hair into yours.

And neither of them have any hair on the backs of their heads.

  I'm not sure if these dolls were made from a printed pattern, or sold as is. I have seen one other doll like this online. But the fabrics the dress and pinafore are made of have been sold at JoAnn's Fabrics, in various colours.


I actually saw this doll at a  barn sale one year. I liked her, and loved that she had a tiny version of herself in her pocket.
 


The lady wanted too much for her though, so I didn't buy her.


What was probably more than one year later, maybe more than two, I found myself at a familiar barn sale,(some of the same items),and confirmed it was the same place when I spotted these girls. They were cheaper that time, so they finally came home with me.



Tomorrow we'll see another doll.

7 comments:

  1. So cute with a mini me. An Instagram photographer that I follow has a mini me (Happy Family Grandma) who again collects and "photographs" mini me dolls (miniature Barbie dolls). :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cutie little dolls. I wish they had hair in the back. I guess they just never turn around (laugh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they are only to be looked at (and only from the front!) and not played with.

      Delete
  3. Very cute! I like the tiny one in her pocket too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that she's a tiny version of the bog one, and she's so cute. I wish they had at least put arms on her though.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.