Sunday, August 6, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #210: Baby Beans and Pets

 I told you we weren't finished with Baby Beans yet! Today's doll is another Beans! She's a Baby Beans and Pets doll.

She's the most common size for a Baby Beans, around ten inches from head to foot.

  Not to be confused with the beans Pets dolls, made a few years earlier, (There was a dog, and a bear.), the Baby Beans and Pets doll were sold in 1976. 


There were three dolls in the series: a girl with a cat, a boy with a dog, and this girl with...a chicken?

Just a girl and her chicken.


  You might think a chicken isn't a pet, but my sister and I had pet chickens when we were kids. 

I have a chicken!

My sister's chicken, Bilda, loved her so much, he had to be held back so he didn't get on the school bus with her. My chicken didn't love me as much. I was very little, and probably much more annoying. I don't think he much liked being put in the cardboard box house I made for him, even if it did have a cool Dutch door.


    They really wanted to make sure this girl didn't lose her chicken.  She has Velcro on her hands so she can hold onto her chicken.


There's also an elastic strap so she can put in on her wrist.


And this chicken is still stitched to her hands! 


They really wanted her to keep her chicken, but that's a little overdoing it, I think.

But I like my chicken.

She has a cute  Baby Beans face.

And a chicken!

 This Baby Beans has something a lot of Baby Beans dolls don't. She has hair all over her head.




She has auburn hair in two ponytails. 

I don't think the lace ties are original, but they're cute.

A lot of Baby Beans dolls have hats, and hair only rooted around the edges.

She has little sideburn pieces on each side.

  All her clothes are made to her body and not removable.




She got wet in the Room of Water. She has dried now, but as you can see above, she has some mildew stains on her apron. (Stain Devils to the rescue!) Also, her bottom started to mold!


Her weighted bottom is kind of hard, even for a Baby Beans.

All new materials. That's good----ground nut shells?!

     There were Baby Beans and Pets paper dolls too, made by Whitman.

  Well, that's all for today. Bye from me and the Beans.

And my chicken!


12 comments:

  1. Another cutie doll. You are right. The company really did not want her to let go of the chicken. The company may have said, "there will be a pox on you if you let the chicken go." Okay, it was a corny joke, sorry (laugh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicken...pox...Ha! You're killing me Dorothy.

      Delete
  2. Cute doll. She has a sweet face. Looks cool with chicken. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to love the Baby Beans dolls. They all look so cute.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, my Bedsie only has two little shocks of blonde hair on his forehead. Underneath his cap he's bald. LOL, I love the chicken! Maybe your girl is a little farm girl who loves her chicken like your sister did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does give off kind of a farm girl vibe, doesn't she?

      Delete
  4. After reading this post the other day, I looked and looked on eBay for this doll as I couldn't get her sweet little face out of my head (which may sound a bit strange, perhaps, but I'm sure fellow doll collectors understand). No such luck, however. I'm thinking your little chicken fan might be rare! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you're talking about! Seeing a vintage Barbie friend Stacey in Barbie Bazaar led to me becoming a doll dealer! Good luck on your search. She's out there somewhere!

      Delete
    2. Gotta admit, I just went on a casual ebay hunt too...and have an eye on a "pre-loved" Mama (sans baby) who's very cute...

      Delete
    3. I have an extra Mama somewhere! If it weren't for my current situation, and not knowing where things are, you could have that one.

      Delete
    4. Awww, thanks <3 This one the seller promptly gave me a lower offer on, and she has that (fairly) rare (for me) combo of brown hair/green eyes. I appreciate the thought, though!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.