Thursday, August 24, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #228: Horsman Baby

   Today's doll is a cute baby. I swear I knew her name at one point, but now I can't remember and I can't find anything about her online.



She's marked Horsman and 1975 on the back of her neck.


  She has a peach coloured cloth torso, and a side body tag that also proclaims her Horsman-ness.


She has a really cute face, and that dry, coarse Thumbelina type hair. In fact, she reminds me quite a lot of Ideal's Thumbelina. A big difference is that Thumbelina has squinchy, grey, painted eyes, and this girl has big, bluey green pinwheel eyes.


They're sleep eyes, and she has black brush lashes. She does have Thumbelina's 1930's style pencil brows.


She has the same colour body as Thumbelina too, or at least, very similar. Her hands are similar, but not the same.



Thumb could move when her back knob was cranked. This girl can't move, but she can cry. She has a cry box inside, and when she's moved she cries. She still works great.
  Her yellow dress has white and yellow lace on the bodice, and a yellow ribbon that has seen better days.

 

And there's a matching ribbon in even worse condition in her hair!.


  I didn't measure her, but she's about 15 to 18 inches long I think.

  That's it for today. I will be able to show you what I've been working on soon. Saturday is a doll show and Emma's bridal shower. And Sunday is ANOTHER doll show! I will be going to both shows. The first one is the mostly fashion doll show that I go to with my sister, and the second one is a show I quite like for it's variety and good deals. I'll take my camera to both so you can 'go along' with me. Tomorrow will be just one regular doll though. See you then.

4 comments:

  1. Oh goody, I love your doll show posts! You always seem to find the really unique stuff. The only hit I got for the query "1978 Horsman Baby" was Softee Babee, and I don't think that's right because that one was a good-sized doll. Either way your girl is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's 1975, but I couldn't find out who she was either. I did see pictures of her, redressed, but they didn't know who she was.

      Delete
  2. Another cutie doll about whom I know nothing. Please don't give us a quiz at the end (laugh). I love her yellow outfit. I echo RagingMoon1987, I am looking forward to your doll show posts. Our local club will have a doll show next month. I can't wait to see what treasures I will find there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise, there won't be a quiz...until the end of the year! I'm glad people like the doll show posts. Sometimes I hate asking if I can take pictures at doll shows, ever since that one lady yelled at me. Knowing the posts are appreciated makes it worth it.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.