Friday, August 25, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #229; Cowgirl

   I know I keep telling you that I have been busy. Well I have. All will be revealed soon, but today was another busy day. I can tell you what I did today though. Today I made a very ugly cake, and mixed up the ...mix for the appetizer thingy, for Emma's  bridal shower, which is tomorrow evening. I know. That shouldn't take all day. Did I mention that I also did a load of laundry? Well, anyway, I'm dead tired,  and tomorrow I have to drive all the way to Cincinnati and back to a doll show, and then go to the bridal shower, and then go all the way to Cleveland for another doll show on Sunday. Well, I don't have to, but I want to! I am going to be very tired by Monday, when we have to do stuff at the house, and find Ken a suit for the wedding! Tuesday I am taking the day off. I am going to do nothing but ay around and watch YouTube all day. So sue me.

  But since I am so tired, and didn't have a chance to photograph anything today,, (I actually have three dolls photographed, but I am going to do them three days in a row next week.), I m giving you only one photo today, of a mystery doll. I saw her at an antique mall a while back. I don't know if what she is wearing even belongs to her, but it looks like it probably does. She looks like a lesser quality fashion doll, from maybe the 70's. Let me know if you recognize her. I know she looks vaguely familiar to me.


  I know it's only one picture, but that was the original idea for Doll-A-Day anyway! It just sort of spiraled out of control! Well, okay. Here's one more. Her tag said 'Barbie Cowgirl', because you know how all fashion dolls are 'Barbie' to most people the way tissues are Kleenex, and the refrigerator was always the 'Fridgidare' when I was a kid.


  And anyway, I'm going to two, count 'em, TWO doll shows in the next two days, so you'll be getting a glut of doll pictures soon.

  See you tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. There's something vaguely, later model Sindy about that doll's face mold. Sindy was a British fashion doll who has had several different incarnations over the years. I don't know for sure if the doll you spotted is actually a Sindy doll. But Purple Monkfish of Monkfish's dolly ramble on Blogger is something of a Sindy expert, and may be able to tell you more.
    http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.com/
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm familiar with Sindy. This isn't a Sindy. I know the brand, but I just can't think of it! She's really familiar.

      Delete
    2. Could she be a Petra doll? I know Petra also had multiple facelifts over the years.
      Signed, Treesa

      Delete
    3. I looked at Petra dolls and I couldn't find one with this face. But, as you say, she's had many faces, so it's possible I suppose.

      Delete
  2. She's not a Breyer cowgirl, is she? She kinda has that look about her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The outfit maybe, but from what I recall the Breyer girls topped out at what, 8-10 inches? I remember them being shorter than standard fashion dolls.

      Delete
    2. I don't know. She looks vaguely Mego or something to me. I think they make the fashion doll sized Breyer these days, but I don't think she's Breyer.

      Delete
  3. Carina doll? Judith doll? Old version of Kari Michell?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am kind of focused on the Ginny (I think) next to the other doll, sorry (laugh). Well the showcase doll looks like she might be Barbie "adjacent." I am not sure she is actually Barbie. Are there any markings?

    I saw some Barbie brand dolls in the Dollar Tree recently and was surprised. The outfit doesn't look up the the traditional Barbie brand standards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's not Mattel, so definitely not a Barbie. And I believe that is indeed a Ginny next to her.

      Delete
  5. Her right hand is shaped like vintage Skipper/Barbie dolls but her left hand looks like it's made of a different vinyl. She's cute, though. Her hair, face and outfit seem to be in really good condition.
    Teresa F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her hands match. I think it must just be the lighting. She was in really nice condition, but something about her said 70's to me. Still not sure if the outfit is original to her.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.