Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #227: Specs Reads-a-lot

   Today's doll is a Lalaloopsy. She's Specs Reads-a-lot.


  She's a Lalaloopsy Littles doll, from 2011. She originally came with her pet bookworm. He was a bilious shade of green and reminds me of the green tomato worms that my mom used to pick off her tomatoes in the garden when I was a kid. She used to put them on a rock and then throw a rock at it and run, because they sort of exploded messily when smushed.  
 Specs gets her name from the fact that she wears 'specs', or, glasses.

She has the typical nerd's tape on her glasses.

She has her full outfit, of one piece short and shorts with suspenders, (or, braces for our British readers), and both shoes with attached socks.


She's jointed at the neck, shoulders and hips. She can sit, but not sit up by herself. 


Her shoes have 'R' for right, and 'L' for left. on the bottoms.


Specs is the little sister of Bea Spells-a-lot. They must have different dads though, because they have different last names. As with all Lalaoopsys, her description tells us what she was 'sewn from'. In her case, it was 'pieces of a school uniform'.
 

  Specs was the first Lalaoopsy Littles with coloured eyes, and is one of only two with blue eyes. She's also the first Littles with a hair accessory, and one of only two with glasses. She's supposed to be a toddler, but a genius and a devoted student. Huh?

  That's it for today. See you again tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. I like the outfit. I don't know what school uniform would use that fabric design though.
    It looks like her glasses are taped in the center. Her eyes are throwing me off because of the buttons. I wish the creators would have chosen something different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People always used to use buttons for eyes. I have a stuffed rabbit that my mom finally put button eyes on because his real ones fell off, and I went my whole childhood feeling bad for him because he was blind! I think things like Coraline have made people afraid of button eyes!

      Delete
  2. Ewww...the mental image of your mom and those hornworms. That's the only good thing for 'em, though. LOL, I never cared much for the Lalaloopsies with colored eyes, mainly because the stitching was always black and looked kinda like animated death eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of that! Thanks for the image. You deserve the worm image now!

      Delete
  3. I had a hornworm incursion in my volunteer tomatoes this year, it broke my heart when I found the one(!) massive caterpillar responsible for all the destruction. Grossly meaty, ugh. The prodigiously large garden spider that's been rubbing shoulders with it didn't find it appealing either, I guess. I lobbed it over the fence. Sympathy for your mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I envy you your home grown tomatoes! Yes, those worms are so gross! That's unfair to say, I suppose. They may be quite beautiful to each other! As for the smashing, we all had to take flight when Mom was squashing tomato worms. They are quite explosive!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.