Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #213: Classmates Be Yourself Doll

    Today's doll is, I'm pretty sure, a Classmates Be Yourself Doll. 

 She's wearing different clothes than the Classmates Be Yourself doll I found online, but she's marked Berenguer, and is otherwise the same doll as the one I saw.


  The Classmates Be Yourself line came out in 2004. There were at least six dolls in the series: today's doll, a strawberry blonde with blue eyes, a blonde with braids and cute side glance blue eyes, a blonde with blue eyes and double ponytails, an African American doll with double ponytails, and a brown haired doll with brown eyes. There may have been more.

  The doll is 11 inches tall.


She just has the standard five points of articulation, neck, shoulders, and hips.


I'm not sure what's going on with this outfit. I would have said ballerina, if it hadn't been for the long drawers.


  Her black hair was originally pulled into a side ponytail.



 

 She has inset, not painted eyes.




They're very dark, and if there's any detail in those iris', I can't see it.

  One thing about her that I don't care for is her eyebrows. They have very little detail and don't look realistic.


She has nice painted detail in her lips though.


    From the back of the box I saw online, these were scented dolls. I got mine second hand, and I have never noticed her having a scent.

   That's today's doll. See you again tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. She looks a lot like some of Paola Reina's dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another doll who is new to me. I agree about the eyebrows. They should be filled in. I would like to see eyelashes also. I do like her overall face. Yes, the outfit is confusing as to what is it supposed to be. She seems to be happy wearing it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about the eyelashes, but you're right. That would have been great. And those brows! They definitely could have gone to more trouble with those.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.