Sunday, September 3, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #238: Russian Doll

   Today's doll is a beautiful one. She's an Anna Kornikova doll. I couldn't find anything about a doll maker by this name when I Googled it, but I did find some stuff you might not want to find. The dealer had it written on her tag though, and said that's who the doll maker was.



She is a tall girl, about 20 inches tall at least.



  According to the dealer, this dollmaker is from Russia, and makes all the stuff on her dolls, from the clothes to the shoes. The doll herself is vinyl,  I think, with painted eyes and freckles.


She has a very pretty face, with a delicate look about her.


She even has earrings.


Her dress and blouse are separate pieces.

Tiny little buttons.

  I think he hair is mohair.


She's posable, but can't stand on her own.
 

Her long hair is braided.


Her woven shoes were made by the dollmaker too. Her legs aren't covered in stockings, but, instead, by wrappings.


If anybody is interested in this doll, she's available from Lizsdollhouse at www.lizsdollhouse.com


  That's today's doll. See you tomorrow. Don't forget to check out the Doll Book of the Month post today too.

5 comments:

  1. She is a pretty doll. I think the cost is a bit much but since the clothing is handmade then that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful doll, worth the money, but too rich for my budget. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna Kournikova is a former Russian tennis player. This doll does resemble Anna (although Anna's eyes are brown, not blue) so not the maker's name but the doll herself?
    Teresa F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have thought that too, but the name is spelled differently, and the dealer seemed to know about the artist and told me all about how she makes everything and that her name was Anna Kornikova. Maybe if I see the doll again I'll talk to the dealer more about it. I might actually email her.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.