Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #248: Miss Cindy

   Today's doll is Miss Cindy.



  I know she looks like Penny Brite, but she isn't. I can tell she isn't, because she's obviously lower quality, and doesn't have Penny's posable arms and legs. I can tell she's Miss Cindy, because she's wearing her original outfit. She would have originally have had white shoes too.


Miss Cindy was made by Cragstan, during the Penny Brite era of the 60's. Like Penny, she is 8 inches tall.


Cindy was made in Hong Kong, and it says so on her back, and the back of her head.
 


She has the standard five points of articulation, neck, shoulders, and hips. So she can wave, and sit down.



But, like Penny, her head is on a ball joint, so it can be titled in all sorts of cute poses.

She also has the same side curl, side glance eyes, and painted teeth as Penny.



  Miss Cindy had her own fashions, which were not bad quality. You may have seen these before in my Penny Brite post.


"To fit all 8 inches teenage dolls". Teenage? 


I'm also confused by the handwritten message on the package," I figured you'd find some way to squeeze into these, especially on Tuesdays and Wednesdays." Huh?


  That's today's doll. She was from the recent show. See you again tomorrow for another doll from the recent doll shows.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, she is supposed to be a teenager? I thought she was a grown up because of her name. I imagined her as a kindergarten teacher. I don't know why I want to give everyone a profession (laugh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She looks like a kid to me, but maybe that's because I have been used to Penny Brite since I was a kid, and we always played that she was a kid, (In spite of the fact that, unbeknownst to us, she drove a car and ran a beauty shop! Deluxe Reading sold those things for her...as well as a school desk and black board! That was one confused kid!).

      Delete
    2. Ah ha! A desk and a black board. I knew she was a teacher (laugh)! She probably taught when she was not doing a shampoo and set in her beauty parlor.

      Delete
    3. Maybe she taught cosmetology!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.