Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #240: Doll Show #2

   I have mentioned that I recently went to two doll shows in two days. I was really tired. The first doll show was the day of Emma's bridal shower, and the other was the next day. I considered not going. But I decided to go to both because I had been working so hard that I felt like doing something fun for me. Also influencing my decision was that doll shows are winding down for the year, and are almost over. There's one on October 21st, plus the big toy show my sister and I go to at the beginning of October, but I'm not sure how many others there are that I could go to. So I went to both, Here's some of the good stuff I saw at the second one.

A Beany and Cecil purse. I love my childhood Beany doll. You can see a different Beany I got at Salvation Army HERE.

Doll Cola doll, about 5 inches tall. Made by Playmates, or Furga there were other flavours, like Lily Lime and Molly Orange, who wore clothes in colours to match their flavours. They came in packaging that looked like pop cans with a clear plastic front.

Peter, Wendy, and Tinkerbell Neverland dolls.

  We definitely would have bought this for Emma when she was small. The Celtics were my dad's team.


  Here's another Baby Beans doll. This one is a Storybook Beans Little Miss Muffet and her spider.



  This flight attendant is an Integrity Fashion Royalty doll by Jason Wu. It's a Monsieur Z Fly Girl doll. 



  I came across Doctor Littlechap, and he was wearing his doctor's smock.



My sisters friend was looking for a chunkier articulated body for her Blythe repro. I sent both of them out to find this one, and neither one could follow my directions.


There was a nice long haired Pepper, and Glamour Misty in Tammy's shirt.


  I just liked this one.


Very old babies.


I like the girl in the blue dress, but I'm not sure I haven't showed her to you before. Her friend is by Horsman.


These bunny is Uncle Wiggily. The mouse next to him is Nurse Jane. They're from the 1940's and made by Georgene.


I like this skiing girl.


A chunky, but very pleased baby.


Cute googly eyed kids.


I loved these dolls. Every time I tried to photograph them, there was crowd around the R. John Wright dolls next to them. They're by Charlie Patricolo.
 



   I finally got to the R. Joh Wright dolls.



I've shown you these R. John Wright Raggedys before. I love them.



This doll was really cheap, and I was going to go back for her. I wish I had.


A bunch of cute kids.

Shirley Temple, Patsys, a mystery nurse, Margaret O'Brian, Shirley, and Deanna Durbin.

I love these Humptys!


I have showed you this Old Cottage doll before. I really would love to have him.
 

This is an Old Cottage doll too. Isn't she beautiful?


I thought these dolls were pretty cool. Their names are Max and Moritz. They're characters in an 1865 children's book.


Here they are in their wooden box. Sorry they're blurry. But I thought they were so cute.



  I don't know who made these dollhouse size people. They're a bit like Erna Myer dolls. They're made in Germany, so it's possible, but the hands don't seem right for Erna Meyer dolls. 


Bunches of babies.


This one was my favourite of the lot.


This little girl was dollhouse sized. I thought her tears were cute.


I liked this little guy. He was a bit expensive though.


Three plaid girls: a Velvet, a cute cloth girl, and a Madame Alexander doll, maybe Maggie?



This was a sweet girl.


Some neat dolls. The one on the right is wax.


Bonnie Blue Ribbon. a product of National Blue Ribbon Freezer Foods Service.



My favourite in this bunch is the girl in the orange coat and hat.



The three kids are so cute. They remind me a bit of Campbell's Soup Kids.


Not sure what this kid is. He's wearing a fur suit.


The girl in the pink dress. I'd take her, but not her head ribbon.


This guy has teeth!


  
Looking back I see that I have shown you these two before. I guess I am predictable, because I liked them again this time the colours are so beautiful, theirs, and the girl with them.


  This girl is so pretty. I don't know who she is though.


  This doll was made of resin, and she has her own doll, also made of resin.



  And that was the second doll show. There is at least one more doll show, a miniature show, and a toy show this year. We'll see how many of those I get to go to. Then it's a long, doll-less winter.  

  See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. What fun! I saw so many lovely dolls. My favorite is the last one; that's the doll holding the doll. She is so pretty.

    The Black doll with the tears is made on the order of the Leo Moss dolls. I don't remember if you have ever done a column on him. There is a lady in Hawaii who began making dolls like his during the pandemic. If I remember correctly, her name is TuTu.

    I hope you get to go to the miniature show as I know you like doll house dolls or as they say in the UK doll's house dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked that last doll too. And she was on sale for $30. But I bought something else instead, which I'll show you soon.
      Oh, I've seen those Leo Moss dolls. I think maybe you and I have talked about them before. This was a miniature doll, as in dollhouse, or, as you said, doll's house size. There were several by that maker, but that was the only one crying.

      Delete
  2. Ewww, winter. Our latitudes aren't THAT different, and yet winters in Ohio seem quite a bit sharper than winters in the Bootheel. I'd say you made this doll show count, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Winters in Ohio make doll shows pointless, because you'd never know if the weather would be so bad no one would come. We did one like that when we were dealers. It was snowing so badly that I didn't want to go. It was an evening show or something. But Ken insisted because we had paid for the table and because he was worried that if we didn't show they would refuse to let us do another show. In the end, nobody came, including most of the dealers, and they closed early. It was so bad driving home that Ken had to drive really slowly, with me having my door open so I could see where the side of the road was, so we could stay on it!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.