Monday, September 18, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #253: Pressed Cloth Face Girl

   This little girl we're seeing today, was at one of the recent shows, and she was $5. I couldn't resist her.


  She has a pretty pressed cloth face and blonde yarn hair.
 

She is about 15 inches tall and has a stuffed cloth body. She's so cute, and seems like she would have been such a sweet cuddly doll when she was new.


This is her original cotton polka dot dress.


Her yarn hair has a faux curl along the bottom in the back.

It has matching one piece undies underneath.

I have the other shoe I think, but I don't think they're original.

She has the interesting feature of having pinwheel sleep eyes in a pressed cloth face.



  She even has real lashes


  I'm not sure how old she is, but those eyebrows are decidedly 1930's. She could possibly be 1940's, but during WWII plastics were saved for the war effort, and not used in toys. So she'd either have to be prewar, or post war.


She appears to have glue from her hair on the sides of her face.


  I can't find anything out about her. If anybody knows who she is, please leave a comment. That also goes for anybody who knows if there is a way to clean her cloth face.


  That's it for today folks. I'm really busy this week, hemming Ken's pants and jacket cuffs on his suit for the wedding, and doing something about the mesh cleavage on my dress! The wedding is this weekend! I'm doing posts ahead so I'm not busy this week, but we'll still be back here tomorrow for another doll.

4 comments:

  1. Well, another cutie doll. I don't know who she is. She does look like someone loved her. Poor thing lost a shoe and sock.

    I am excited about the wedding. Soon there will be two wedding anniversaries in your family that are just about a week apart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's lost both socks and shoes, because the sock at least isn't of the right era.
      I know! Somebody told Emma she planned her wedding date then so she could remember her anniversary, because it was right after ours.

      Delete
  2. Is she maybe an art doll, done up to look like something more vintage? Either way I love these. Making a pressed face like that can't be easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think she's hand made, and I do think she is actually old. How old, I'm not sure of.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.