Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #254: Hungarian Doll...Probably

   Today's doll, also from one of the recent doll shows, is this pretty little miss.


I got her from my friend Casey's table, for only $1! She needs her face cleaned, but otherwise she's perfect.

She has such beautiful embroidery and a cute face. She reminds me of the much larger Hungarian doll I have, that you may have seen HERE. This doll is much smaller, at only 8 or 9 inches tall.





  Her face is sort of a crepe like material, but her arms are sort of a thick stockingette, like the Hungarian Matyo dolls I showed you HERE



Since those are all Hungarian, I'm going to guess this girl is Hungarian too.


She's holding a wire, which I'm guessing used to have flowers on it.


Her outfit is beautiful, with loads of flowers embroidered all over.


  From the back you can see how pleated her dress is.


She has a sip, and cotton bloomers.


Her little shoes have ribbon rosettes on the front.


  They're backless, like the shoes on the first doll I mentioned.


The whole upper part of her dress is embroidered, along with her apron.
  




The neck of her dress has some delicate lace. She's wearing a tiny necklace. I don't know what her hair is made if, but it feels like human hair.


Even the back of her dress is embroidered. and look at that beautiful lace. 


The apron again.

Her hat has embroidery all over it.




  I would love to clean her face, but I'm afraid to. It's all she would need really, to be perfect again, besides the easy job of replacing the flower in her hand. Still, she'll look nice next to the other dolls I mentioned. If anybody know exactly what kind of doll she is, let me know in the comments.

  See you again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. She is a pretty doll. I love how colorful her outfit is. Is her bottom of her skirt turquoise? Sometimes my computer interprets colors incorrectly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.