Friday, September 1, 2023

Doll-A-DAy 2023 #236: Remco Mr. and Mrs. Mouse House

   You saw the Remco Elly and Andy Baby Mouse Twins 3 Story Treehouse  in one of my posts on my friend Lori's childhood Christmas presents. Today we're looking at the Mr. and Mrs. Mouse House. This is the smaller house, also made by Remco. Why do the kids have a bigger house than the grown ups?



Notice the Tv antenna on the roof! Those were the days of only 3 channels, or 4 when PBS came along.

The house was made in 1966. it includes Mr. and Mrs. Mouse, dressed for bed, bunk beds, and a table with two chairs.

They have their names on their nightgowns.

  Mr. Mouse has dark hair, but Mrs. Mouse's hair is fire engine red! Both mice are about six inches tall. They have moveable arms and legs, so they can sit at their table and...wave or whatever.

  I have a weakness for mouse toys. I would have liked these when I was a kid. 

  That's it for today. Tomorrow we'll have a very long, and I hope, not boring, post about what I've been up to with all those projects lately, and we'll catch up with the August Doll Book of the Month. See you then.

8 comments:

  1. Now these are just plain adorable. I've never heard of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of Remco mice until I did that post on Lori's toys. I would have wanted them if I had known they existed when I was a kid. But we had one metal dollhouse sized dollhouse, and Barbie's New Dreamhouse. We weren't allowed to get them out very often because they were 'a mess', so I doubt I would have been allowed to have another house!

      Delete
  2. This certainly is a tiny house. I guess the mice spend most of their time out of doors (laugh).
    Two thoughts come to mind. First "...ma in her kerchief and I in my cap..." Second, hmmm, bunk beds, at least Lucy and Ricky and Laura and Rob had twin beds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I thought about the bunk beds too, but I wasn't exactly sure what to say! Maybe they unstack and give them the option of twin beds. I guess they don't need a big house because they are perpetually ready for bed, being as they have no clothes, (which means if they do spend a lot of time outside, they're doing it in their pjs!)

      Delete
  3. One of my all time favorites. I had one as a child. I only had the ladder left. No idea what happened to the rest of it. I was able to find a replacement a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some things like that. All I have left of our Haunted House game is the red jewel!

      Delete
  4. I have the bunk bed and yes they do come apart. Adorable toy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had this as a kid. One of my favorites and regret giving it away.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.