Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #190: My Fun Day, Miserable Night, and Some Beautiful Ladies

  Yesterday started off  crappy...literally. I hung laundry and then had to clean out the cage with all the kittens,and their mom. Mom has diarrhea. But the day continued with a very enjoyable trip to the Jim Henson exhibit at COSI. I took loads of photos and will be doing a post on it soon. After the Henson exhibit we managed to fit in some dinosaurs before COSI closed. We ate at a vegan burger place. The burger was good, but I can't go for the vegan shake. I hate that I do,but I love my dairy products. Then there was some car shopping, followed by regular shopping. We visited Barnes and Noble and Hot Topic, where Emma was trying to find the new Jim Henson Funko Pop Vinyl. (They hadn't gotten them yet. They're on sale for $9 right now, and they don't have them.) We stopped at Trader Joe's so I could get some vegetarian gruyere for Kase Spaetzel ,and some mochi. One last stop at Target, where I saw that bendy Coraline doll for only the second time, but still didn't buy her, and we were on our way home. Once home I took down the laundry, cleaned the cat cage again...and started peeing blood. I ended my day at the emergency room.
  Not to worry. It seems to have been just a UTI, probably brought on by not drinking enough in all the sweat inducing heat recently. I've never been much for drinking water. I am much better than I used to be about it, but I still don't drink enough. In fact, I don't drink enough of anything. Ken reminds me to keep hydrated in the summer, because I usually just don't get thirsty. With Ken to prompt me, I usually keep hydrated. But I haven't lately. I knew I wasn't drinking enough, but I didn't expect this result.
  It came on so suddenly, in just a few hours. While we were shopping I started feeling like I had to go to the bathroom, even after I'd just been. After we got home it got worse, and became accompanied by pain, and then the blood started. That scared me, and I thought it might be kidney stones, because I felt like I had to go, but couldn't. So that and the pain and blood sent me to the emergency room, instead of waiting to try to see my doctor today. I was relieved that the ER doc seemed to think it was only a UTI. The antibiotics they gave me at the hospital worked wonders. The pain when I went faded away in a few hours and the blood stopped. I kept having to pee often for a few hours, and then went back to normal. Today I feel really tired, but normal. The thing is, I didn't feel bad yesterday, even at the worst of it. I felt fine until the urge to pee wouldn't go away. So the moral here is, KEEP HYDRATED, especially in hot weather, and also DON"T HOLD IT. This is something else I always did. I'm better about it now, but it took a bladder infection several years ago, and my doctor scolding me for not going to the bathroom often enough, I probably still don't go as often as the doc would like, but then I don't drink enough either...obviously!...so I don't need to go.
  I'm dragging today, so we're going with some dolls I had photographed already. It's back to the travel dolls for today. Sorry. But they are pretty.


Today's dolls have shown up on the blog before. The picture above was right after they were rescued from my flooded basement. The poor sitting doll suffered a leg loss, so I didn't do any further pictures of her for the person who wanted to buy travel dolls. (By the way, the person didn't even respond to the last pictures I sent. Rude.) The lady in blue is like some of the other travel dolls I've already shown you in previous posts.





 But the others are very different from any I've shown you before. The lady in yellow is very pretty.  


She has a long lace head piece and a taffeta dress.

 
She survived her ordeal in the basement in really nice condition. She has a couple of scuffs to her nose,but otherwise she is very pretty.


She's not just a cheap plastic doll like a lot of travel dolls either.

She has a couple of missing fingers too.
At least her top half isn't. Her legs are plastic.
 

Is her top half composition? Or plaster?


Yellow lady is pretty, but my favourite is the lady in purple.

  

 She also has a taffeta dress and long lace veil.



She has the same hair style as the yellow lady.

Kind of reminds me of Bette Davis from this angle.
 She looks a little severe. Maybe I like the yellow one better. You know, I like these ladies better than I thought, now that I look at these pictures.




This angle is definitely more Angela Lansbury than Bette Davis.


She is made of the same thing as the yellow lady, but she has all her fingers.



She has a muslin underskirt.


  Those are today's dolls. More tomorrow.

14 comments:

  1. Oh, poor Tam...those danged UTI's are no joke! I hope you get to feeling better soon. Definitely do what the doctor says; my doctor read me the same riot act the last time I had a kidney stone.

    These dolls are truly lovely. I love how each one has a different expression and thus a different personality. I think I like the purple one the best. That sucks about the little one being legless; is there any way anyone can mend her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm fine.
      She still has her legs,but the one is broken off. She's in a sitting position and it broke at the knee. It can be fixed,and it doesn't show anyway.

      Delete
  2. I love the way that doll in the blue dress looks against the green outdoor background! And glad you're feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Glad it wasn't anything serious. I love all the colors that your dolls have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The culture hasn't come back yet,but since all my symptoms have disappeared I guess the doc was right. It was pretty scary at the time though.

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear that you've been suffering, that is not good. My mum is terrible for not drinking enough, ever! She will have a cup of tea and leave more than half of it, it takes her an age to drink a glass of water and if we go anywhere and she chooses to have a Fanta Lemon, she'll drink about one third of the can and leave the rest. It worries me because she once collapsed and ended up in hospital in Portugal for more than a week and on another occasion three weeks in hospital in the UK....all through dehydration, it was very scary.
    So I do hope you'll drink more and hope you'll feel 100% soon.
    And I also like the lady in purple, she is very pretty and the colour suits her skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You would think that would have taught your mom a lesson.That would scare me. I know it's hard to force liquids down though.

      Delete
  5. I hope you are better now. I don't drink enough water either but I am trying. I found that I don't like cold water. I keep room temperature water on the counter and mix it with water from the refrigerator. That makes the water just a little cool.

    The doll in purple is interesting. She looks like she is getting ready to perform an aria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the opposite. If I'm going to drink water it has to be cold. I really don't like water, and I find it hard to drink it in large quantities. I am better than I used to be. I never used to drink water at all In the last few years I have gotten used to making myself drink water instead of anything else most of the time.

      Delete
  6. Oh no! I’m sorry you were sick. I get UTI’s a lot and they are no fun. I’ve never had to go to the hospital though. Take care of yourself and drink lots of water!! Your dolls are beautiful as usual. The one in the blue dress is my favorite, but the others are very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably didn't need to go to the hospital, but since i didn't know what was going on I freaked. I'm trying to remember the water!

      Delete
  7. Ugh, glad you didn't suffer long with the UTI. I think I like the lady in blue best for her costume, if not her face. But then blue is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to remember to stay hydrated. Luckily Ken constantly reminds me, but I just don't drink much.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.