Sunday, July 21, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #202: Jeff

  Today's doll is Jeff.


  Jeff was made by Vogue from 1958 to 1960.


He is marked Vogue on the back of his neck.


Jill was produced by Vogue beginning in 1957. She was a 10 and a half inch fashion doll,originally  with jointed knees. The idea was that Jill was the big sister of the Ginny doll. Jeff was supposed to be Jill's friend or brother. They don't seem to have been very picky which.


He stands 11" tall.


He has molded and painted hair.


His sleep eyes have molded lashes.


This is Jeff's tagged Vogue shirt.




He was wearing these pants when I got him,but they don't seem to fit,( They won't quite snap.),and the shoes are Ken shoes I think.


Jeff does not have jointed knees. He's only articulated at the neck,shoulders,and hips.



  That's today's doll.Tomorrow we'll see Jill.

9 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing your Jill and comparing her to the one my mother had as a girl. She had some of the cutest little dresses and accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a handsome guy. I think they could have made his lips less red though.

    The molded hair reminds me of the hair my baby dolls had, especially Ricky, Jr. who sadly rotted away in the attic. He was the doll made for I Love Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read this late at night and thought it said Ricky 'rolled away' in your attic. That's kind of spooky! You're right about those red lips on Jeff. They could be toned down a little. I have seen the Ricky Jr. dolls. Cute little guys.

      Delete
  3. What a sweet looking lad, I like him!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a cute little feller. He's supposed to be a teenager, but he looks more like a kid.

      Delete
  4. Jeff is a cute little guy. Update him a bit, and I feel that he would look nicer than some of the boy dolls out right now. Definitely not a teenager, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does look like a little boy. Jill looks only marginally older herself.

      Delete
  5. I haven't seen Jill yet, but Jeff has a similar face to the younger Ginny doll. He's a cute doll, I don't think we have anything like him now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.