Saturday, July 27, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #207: British Guard

    I've been working on a couple of posts that have taken me some time. So,today we're going to take a quick look at this little guy.


He's another travel doll,but nothing like any of the ones we've seen so far. He's one of the few male travel dolls I have.

He measures about 6 inches tall.

He's a Scots guard I suppose,since he's wearing a kilt. He also has a matching sash.


The animal print fabric is supposed to be a sporran,a purse type item that holds all the things a guy would normally carry in his pockets. In fact, the word 'sporran' is Scots Gaelic for 'purse'.


The plaid ribbon is supposed to be the top of the knee socks that show above the white 'gaiters',which are sort of super tall spats,worn over the black boots.
The tall furry helmet worn by the British guards is called a busby. The black ones are traditionally made of bear skin. I'm not sure what a white one would be made of. Polar bear?



He has a staff or baton.



He's made of thin, hard plastic. He sort of resembles a Dress Me doll,and like them he has sleep eyes.


  That's the doll for today. See you tomorrow for another doll. Hopefully one of the posts I have had in the works will finally be finished!



7 comments:

  1. Darn, I had one like this. He broke in half and I pitched him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well he certainly looks authentic. He looks to be in good condition. I like that he still has his traveling case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen these in tourist shops in the UK, in all sorts of different kilt uniforms. He's in great condition.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the heck were they thinking when they did his eyes!!? The poor thing looks possessed. I love his costume though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might be more terrified, they DID shove him a small plastic tube after all

      Delete
    2. Good point! Reminds me of Augustus Gloop.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.