Wednesday, July 17, 2019

DollA-Day 2019 #198: Magis Roma Italian Ladies

   Can I just say, "Ouch!" I just had my thyroid nodule biopsy. I only remember there being 3 needle draws last time, but the doc swears it was 5, just like today. No way. I would have remembered THAT! Just so you know, having your thyroid nodules biopsied, hurts LIKE CRAZY! I had to have this biopsy because my recent ultrasound showed the nodules have begun to cystalize,which can mean they are becoming cancerous. The good news is, the doc said these nodules rarely become dangerous,and also, my third, small nodule has disappeared!.
  Early this morning Emma dropped by to pick up one of the kittens. So Arthur Freed has gone to his new home. I'm sure Cowboy, Emma's grown cat, is not too crazy about his new baby brother.
  Korglady received her 35th anniversary Barbie, her prize in our Blogaversary contest. She sent me a couple of pictures of her new doll redressed in Solo in the Spotlight. She looks beautiful!



  The rest of the day is going to be spent relaxing with Ken and Ivy, and finishing up the latest season of "Stranger Things". We had to stop halfway through the last episode so Ken could go to work yesterday!
  Plus,of course,we'll be looking at today's doll. It's two today, and here they are.



They sort of bring us back to the theme of travel dolls, but these are extra nice.
 


Both are made in Italy by Magis Roma. The larger one has a tag that says Napoli.
 

The smaller one's tag says Sorrento.


These ladies are a little more detailed than some of the cheap travel dolls we've seen so far.


The taller one measures 11 inches tall, while the smaller one comes in at 8 inches.
There is sort of a Lenci look about them.



That's due to their pressed cloth faces,which seem to be hand painted.



The outfits are very nice, with lots of colour.





The fabrics used are felt and cotton,and possibly silk.



Both have lacy aprons.
 

 The larger one has some clunky looking plastic boots on.

That was a surprise!
The smaller one has some cute little shoes.
 


I think the little one is older, due to her shoes and her cloth hands, versus the plastic hands of the larger one.


 

Both are also carrying tambourines.


 
The larger one has a plastic tambourine, and the smaller one's is made of wood,another sign that she's older.





And the hairstyles are a bit fancier than the cheap dolls too.
 


What's the ring in her hair for? Anybody?


  Those are today's dolls. I hope you didn't mind more travel dolls, but these ladies are special. They even rate a place in my glass case. We'll be seeing more of the residents of the case soon.

12 comments:

  1. I like these dolls. I like their colorful outfits. I am surprised that they have tambourines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess tambourines are big in those places.

      Delete
  2. My nephew's girlfriend just had successful surgery for thyroid cancer. I hope that yours doesn't get that far!

    Mr. BTEG and I have to finish up Stranger Things too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked the doctor why they don't just remove the nodules before they become cancerous. She said they want to avoid surgery if at all possible. Why? Is it that dangerous?

      Delete
    2. Anesthesia is always a risk. That's my only guess as to why they don't just do surgery. And of course there's the risk of infection.

      Delete
    3. It seems to me that the risk of cancer far outweighs any of those risks. Maybe that's just me,but I would think anything was worth it to escape cancer.

      Delete
  3. I’m so sorry you had to have a biopsy. That’s no fun. I’m glad you like the pictures of the doll. I’m sorry they are so dark. I don’t have a great camera. Did you enjoy season 3 of Stranger Things? My husband and I watched it last week. We liked it for the most part, but we still like season 1 the best.

    These dolls are beautiful and are especially nice for travel dolls. Their faces are painted so beautifully and their clothes look to be good quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pictures were fine.
      I thought Stranger Things was good, but there were aspects of the ending I didn't care for,(No spoilers here!) Like when they killed Bob last year. I wasn't sure I was going to approve of them splitting up the 'team',but it worked out pretty well. I'm confused as to what they're doing with that ending. What are they going to do next season. Is there even going to be another one? (The last scene would say yes, but is the whole cast going to be back?)

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about the pain of the biopsy, I hope by now you're pain free :)
    These two dolls are lovely and yes I immediately thought of Lenci, particularly with the bigger of the two.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still just a little sore when I move my neck certain ways.

      Delete
  5. Your thyroid is still working, even if not well. So they hesitate to take it and mess things up more. I agree, I would be more worried about cancer than having to fix my metabolism, but there it is. I hope you are doing better now.

    I love both, but the smaller one appears more childlike to me. Its not just her size, her face seems younger. But they are both beautiful dolls. The shoes on the little one are so neat! I love it when they make tiny shoes that look real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, so good. Check ups will tell. The thyroid has to work to prevent life threatening things like liver malfunction, etc. So it's important to keept it working correctly.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.