Sunday, July 28, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #209: Crystal Ken

  Today's doll is this guy.
 

He's Crystal Ken.


He was made in 1983 to be Crystal Barbie's date.
 


The slogan on this doll's box claimed he was 'the handsomest Ken ever!'. Uh...yeah.
 

This guy has a blow dry,smarmy look that I hate.



He's far too John Davidson for me.

That's just not good enough, John.
 Probably more like this era.

Ewww!
The 1980's were my youthful years. But they were an era of  overdone hair,make-up,and clothes. Bright colours and loads of hair spray were really off putting to me.
This guy has an all white suit.


He should also have white dress shoes. Yuck.
His coat is a separate piece,but his shiny vest,shirt, and satin pants are all one piece.



He has he Ken body of the time, which has a twist waist.




His arms have swivel joints, so they can move up,down,and out to the sides,and completely elbows up.





His legs can actually move out to the sides a bit too,as well as back and forth.



  That's the doll for today.

See ya!
Come back tomorrow for another one.

6 comments:

  1. He has a very Saturday Night Fever feel, but w/ A Donny Osmond wardrobe type of thing w/ the purple accents. The face reminds me of the forien Kem faces. Not as "happy" as like the Groom Todd that predated the Heart dolls. The whole sleaveless jumpsuits thing under the tux jackets, might have made them easier to put-on /take-off but look like exotic male dancers outfits.O.K. rant over..I was married in 83 if my hunny wore this outfit on a date /etc..I's have laughed myself silly. The Toy Story Kens face is quite cloe to this one w/lighter hair, so maybe its less icky animated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know this doll. I don't know any Kens. I don't think he is that bad looking. I don't like his outfit though. He kind of looks like he could be one of the guys in a Hallmark movie. I love Hallmark movies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe because of the cleff in his chin his face reminds me of Jerry Lewis and his slicked down hair the greased down hair he had,I love Jerry Lewis, but adore Dean Martin..I wonder what this his suit would look like dyed Pink, That was a thing wasn't it? at liest I've seen a Ken Clone (Frank) dressed this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, he is funny! I thought at first he was supposed to be one of The Osmonds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had him and Crystal Barbie. I had very few Kens though, I didn't like the molded hair. I wanted babies and kids for my dolls, but they didn't need a man to go with them. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.