Thursday, July 11, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #192: Baby Apricot and Baby Needs A Name Blow Kiss Dolls

  For those of you following the saga, I am feeling fine and will be finished with my antibiotics in a couple of days. On the 17th I have to go have my thyroid nodules biopsied again.
  Today's dolls are two I found again recently when I was digging around for interesting dolls to show you. They're not dolls I collect,but they were hanging around here. They're  from the Strawberry Shortcake line.


They're Baby Apricot...


...and Baby Needs A Name.


They're Blow Kiss dolls. The idea is that when their stomachs are squeezed they puff scented air out of their mouths.
 
That's supposed to be blowing a kiss I guess.



The dolls were made by Kenner in 1983. Like all Strawberry Shortcake products of the era they were licensed from American Greetings.


The pudgy babies are about 13 inches tall,with soft squashy stuffed bodies and curved baby legs.



There were six dolls in the series,including Strawberry Shortcake,Lemon Meringue, Angel Cake, Orange Blossom, and our two today.


These are their original outfits.
 

They should also both have bonnets,but Apricot is missing hers. Needs a Name's bonnet is still sewn to her head.



Apricot's outfit features a cute bunny on the chest.
 
And some soiling.
And Baby Needs a Name has a white strawberry on hers.


Apricot has two ponytails.


You can watch a commercial for the Blow Kiss dolls HERE.


  Those are the dolls for today. Tomorrow we'll see another one.

8 comments:

  1. We used to feed these water then squeeze them to make them shoot water at people. Pretty sure that ruined them though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are feeling better.

    What cuties. I am proposing a name for no name. How about Mellon-nee? (laugh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't speak too soon Dorothy. I'm not feeling well tonight. ack to the drawing board!
      Mellon-ee? Where were you when this doll came out?! :)

      Delete
  3. Good to hear that you're feeling better now, long may it continue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had baby Strawberry and baby No Name. I remember her having a name though. lol I had the tiny drink and wet version of baby Strawberry and one of the other ones...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you were very into the Strawberry kids.

      Delete
    2. If you notice the theme, I was very into baby dolls! lol But yes, I had Strawberry Shortcake bedding. I don't remember it, but Mom told me. And seeing the berry shop thing on Ebay with the pies and oven triggered some memories. I had that too. Its fun to window shop on Ebay and see what I can try to remember. I only get in trouble when I stop WINDOW shopping. lol

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.