Monday, July 29, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #210: Sweet Sue

  I got my biopsy results today. No cancer! Now we just keep an eye on the nodules. I go back in a year for another ultrasound.
  Today's doll is one that has been in the back of my glass case, behind other dolls,for so long,that I forgot I had her.


She's  Sweet Sue. (You may have seen my post on my other possible,but larger Sweet Sue HERE.)



Sweet Sue was made by American Character beginning in 1951.



Sweet Sue dolls came in many different sizes over her 10 years of  production. This one stands about 17 inches tall.


She has a blonde wig,which looks original,but could use some work.
 
It's synthetic hair.




It also needs to be reattached.


She's worth fixing, I think. She's so pretty,and the rest of her is in such nice condition.



Some Sweet Sue dolls are marked, but many,like this girl, have no markings at all. She is wearing her original dress and matching bloomers though, which helps identify her.



Her eyes are blue.



Her lashes are synthetic hair too.


She has sleep eyes.


She's a walker doll. Her head turns when her legs are moved. Not all Sweet Sues are walkers. And some,like my bigger doll, have jointed knees and elbows,and some even have jointed ankles. This one doesn't.
 







I don't even remember where I got this doll. She's nice though. I would like to fix her wig and keep her. But I'm not much good with hair.


That's the doll today. Tomorrow we'll look at another one.

5 comments:

  1. LOL, I'm not much for fixing hair either. Your girl is definitely worth fixing, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you are doing alright!!!

    Sue is a cutie. I agree. She is worth saving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that you're cancer free...congratulations :D
    This is a pretty doll, and yes, definitely worth saving.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for good news! I see why she's called Sweet Sue. I like her face

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm still good. I have to see the doctor again this year.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.